Edwards Lifesciences Technologist, Maintenance in Singapore
Provide engineering support for preventive and unexpected in-process maintenance of production equipment for commercial products and equipment used in pre-commercial products to ensure ongoing optimum performance, in compliance with EHS, Good Manufacturing and Good Documentation Practices, and new equipment validation. Achieve equipment target uptime, production yield and quality.
• Supervise and coordinate both scheduled and unscheduled preventive maintenance routines on a wider range of complex equipment to validate user operation and to avoid down time
• Supervise and schedule all chemicals mixing activities and accountable for chemicals mixing quality with accordance to SOPs & forms
• Lead troubleshooting of faulty equipment, perform enhancements, and set up new production lines
• Build prototype for feasibility study and new equipment evaluation and validation. Liaise and coordinate with vendors for projects.
• Perform corrective actions to affected areas that have down time, including assistance to exception work orders (EWOs), Equipment Non-Conformance Reports (ENCRs), and Out of Tolerance (OOTs)
• Assist in leading TPM, 5S, Lean Manufacturing and Continuous Improvement initiatives
• Procure, maintain and keep track of equipment spare and production consumables.
• Train junior technicians on routine work, validation, troubleshooting and maintenance work.
• Other incidental duties as assigned
Education and Experience:
Other: in NTC/ITC/Diploma in Mechanical / Electrical Engineering, more than 10 years years experience of experience in supporting maintenance function in manufacturing environment Required
• Strong technical background in PLC base equipment maintenance, fault analysis and troubleshooting.
• Experience in leading a team of technicians.
• Good understanding in GDP, GMP and CAPA.
• Ability to read P&ID and Wire diagram.
• Ability to perform complex troubleshooting using RCA
• Ability to identify problems and relevant issues in complex situations, assessing using standard procedures
• Ability to use a wider range of manufacturing, test, development or diagnostic equipment; use tools such measuring equipment
• Experience in jigs and fixtures design, tooling and manufacturing aids design and modifications.
• Experience in new process or equipment validation such as IQOQ & PQ.
• Experience in continuous improvement projects.
• Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
• Must be organized and have good interpersonal skills.
• Well verse in Microsoft office and applications (e.g. Words, Excel, PowerPoint, etc).
• Adhere to all EHS rules and requirements and take adequate control measures in preventing injuries to themselves and others as well as to the protection of environment and prevention of pollution under their span of influence/control
Edwards Lifesciences is the global leader in patient-focused medical innovations for structural heart disease, as well as critical care and surgical monitoring. Driven by a passion to help patients, the company collaborates with the world's leading clinicians and researchers to address unmet healthcare needs, working to improve patient outcomes and enhance lives. Headquartered in Irvine, California, Edwards Lifesciences has extensive operations in North America, Europe, Japan, Latin America and Asia and currently employs over 13,000 individuals worldwide.
For us, helping patients is not a slogan - it's our life's work. From developing devices that replace or repair a diseased heart valve to creating new technologies that monitor vital signs in the critical care setting, we focus on helping patients regain and improve the quality of their life.