Edwards Lifesciences Sr Mgr, Quality (Distribution Centre QA) in Singapore
Manage and oversee a quality team and develop quality strategies and projects, related to the Singapore Distribution Center.
• Manage and oversee the work of Quality. Manage activities with the accountability for successful completion of all deliverables.
• Develop a robust talent development plan in alignment with functional growth strategies of the department.
• Identify risk, develop mitigation strategies, alternative solutions, resolve issues, action item follow up, etc. in collaboration with cross functional and/or matrix teams.
• Develop and lead in the implementation of Quality strategies which includes communications with internal and external parties.
• Other incidental duties
Education and Experience:
Bachelor's Degree in in related field related experience in Healthcare Quality field Required and
Demonstrated track record in people management Required and
Experience working in a regulated industry Required
Master's Degree or equivalent in in related field Preferred
• Proven expertise in Microsoft Office Suite and related tools and systems
• Excellent problem-solving, organizational, analytical and critical thinking skills including high discretion/judgment in decision making
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills and interpersonal relationship skills including negotiating and relationship management skills with ability to drive achievement of objectives
• Excellent language skills
• Good understanding of Quality procedures while addressing issues with impact beyond own team based on knowledge of related disciplines
• Good understanding of related aspects of business processes and/or systems
• Knowledge of financial mechanism that relates to Quality
• Demonstrated ability to manage assigned team and provide coaching and feedback, including responsibility for all employee actions including hire/fire authority and partnering with HR on all aspects of employee relations
• Ability to develop and integrate metrics into the projects and operations that clearly demonstrate the value of Quality to the business
• Good understanding of Regulatory requirements (e.g. FDA, ISO, etc.)
• Strict attention to detail
• Ability to interact professionally with all organizational levels and proactively escalate issues to appropriate levels of management in the organization
• Ability to work and excel within a fast paced, dynamic, and constantly changing work environment
• Frequently interacts with functional peer group managers, normally involving matters between cross-functional teams and the company; often leads a cooperative effort among team members
• Participate and present at meetings with internal and external representatives
• Develop peer, cross functional and cross business relationships to maximize best practice sharing and team effectiveness.
• Develop relationships and leverage them to influence change
• Support and solicit input from team members at all levels within the organization
• Interactions with external Regulatory and Notified bodies
• Adhere to all EHS rules and requirements and take adequate control measures in preventing injuries to themselves and others as well as to the protection of environment and prevention of pollution under their span of influence/control
Edwards Lifesciences is the global leader in patient-focused medical innovations for structural heart disease, as well as critical care and surgical monitoring. Driven by a passion to help patients, the company collaborates with the world's leading clinicians and researchers to address unmet healthcare needs, working to improve patient outcomes and enhance lives. Headquartered in Irvine, California, Edwards Lifesciences has extensive operations in North America, Europe, Japan, Latin America and Asia and currently employs over 15,000 individuals worldwide.
For us, helping patients is not a slogan - it's our life's work. From developing devices that replace or repair a diseased heart valve to creating new technologies that monitor vital signs in the critical care setting, we focus on helping patients regain and improve the quality of their life.