Edwards Lifesciences Senior Manager, Engineering in Singapore
Manage team to ensure smooth and continuous operations in product and process engineering.
• Manage supervisors, managers, and/or experienced professionals and/or oversee the work of one or more areas, functions, and/or locations and have some budgetary responsibilities.
• Plan and direct complex project activities (e.g., VIP/value engineering, product engineering, process engineering, advanced engineering, core competencies) with large scale or significant business impact with the accountability for successful completion of all project deliverables to the business. Develop project plans, schedule, scope, and quality objectives while using engineering methods (e.g., SIX Sigma and LEAN methods), employing technical design skills to re-design/design on new products and/or processes. Lead in identifying risk, developing mitigation strategies, alternative solutions, resolving issues, etc. in collaboration with cross functional groups and key stakeholders
• Develop a robust talent development plan in alignment with functional growth strategies of the department
• Lead tactical execution utilizing cross-functional and/or departmental groups to develop and provide design recommendations that integrate into complex component(s) or product(s)
• Lead efforts to optimize business processes and systems by assessing business needs and developing, proposing and implementing technology solution options.
• Collaborate with cross-functional team members on strategic program activities (e.g., VIP/value engineering, product engineering, process engineering, advanced engineering, core competencies)
• Lead network and COE teams in driving standardized programs leveraging best in class practices
• Provide input to the strategy of the department and may lead the integration of new products and collaborate with NPI and R&D teams on product and process transfers
• Responsible for the tactical execution of value stream mindset and culture of continuous improvement based on lean and Six Sigma principles and EW Production System (EPS)
• Other incidental duties
Education and Experience:
Bachelor's Degree in in related field related experience in engineering required and skill levels exceeding the requirements of the Manager Required and
Demonstrated track record in management of technical and/or engineering disciplines Required
Experience working in a regulated industry Preferred
• Proven successful project management leadership skills
• Proficient in both Microsoft Office Suite and related systems
• Excellent problem-solving, organizational, analytical and critical thinking skills including high discretion/judgment in decision making
• Excellent documentation and communication skills and interpersonal relationship skills including negotiating and relationship management skills with ability to drive achievement of objectives
• Expert understanding of engineering procedures while identifying applications of functional knowledge and existing methodologies to complex problems
• Expert understanding of related aspects of engineering processes and/or systems
• Knowledge of financial acumen as it relates to engineering
• Demonstrated ability to manage one or more teams and provide coaching and feedback, including responsibility for all employee actions including hire/fire authority and partnering with HR on all aspects of employee relations
• Ability to influence cross-functional partners, business units, and/or sites and may engage with and influence senior management
• Ability to develop and integrate metrics into the projects and operations that clearly demonstrate the value of engineering to the business
• Strict attention to detail
• Ability to interact professionally with all organizational levels and proactively escalate issues to appropriate levels of management in the organization
• Ability to work and excel within a fast paced, dynamic, and constantly changing work environment
• Frequently interacts with internal and external management and senior-level customer representatives concerning projects, operational decisions, scheduling requirements, and/or contractual clarifications
• Lead briefings and technical meetings for internal and external representatives
• Require the ability to change the thinking of, or gain acceptance from others in sensitive situations, without damage to the relationship
• Dedicated to quality client service and pro-active and responsive to client needs.
• Develop peer, cross functional and cross business relationships to maximize best practice sharing and team effectiveness.
• Provide leadership and direction to cross-functional teams to successfully implement global enterprise systems and related solutions
• Develop relationships and leverage them to influence change
• Support and solicit input from team members at all levels
• Adhere to all EHS rules and requirements and take adequate control measures in preventing injuries to themselves and others as well as to the protection of environment and prevention of pollution under their span of influence/control
Edwards Lifesciences is the global leader in patient-focused medical innovations for structural heart disease, as well as critical care and surgical monitoring. Driven by a passion to help patients, the company collaborates with the world's leading clinicians and researchers to address unmet healthcare needs, working to improve patient outcomes and enhance lives. Headquartered in Irvine, California, Edwards Lifesciences has extensive operations in North America, Europe, Japan, Latin America and Asia and currently employs over 15,000 individuals worldwide.
For us, helping patients is not a slogan - it's our life's work. From developing devices that replace or repair a diseased heart valve to creating new technologies that monitor vital signs in the critical care setting, we focus on helping patients regain and improve the quality of their life.