Edwards Lifesciences Senior Engineer, Environmental, Health & Safety in Singapore
Establish annual Environmental, Safety and Health program of the organization.
'- To be able to perform the role of a Workplace Safety & Health Officer (WSHO)
To be the SG Plant Ergonomics subject matter expert
To perform Ergonomics Risk Assessment for new and existing product lines in the plant
To work closely with Ergonomics consultant in managing the ergonomics or medical related illness/ injuries in the plant
To Industrial Hygiene monitoring and other health related monitoring and measurement for all plant activities
• Collaborate with cross-functional teams to develop and lead the implementation of processes to ensure compliance with EHS goals and programs
• Provide EHS expertise for new processes, new products, and technologies and participate in the change control process of the site
• Research, analyze, and evaluate data to create non-routine reports in response to internal and external requests
• Investigate cause for EHS incidents from employees and deviations from compliance and recommend sound corrective and preventive measures to avoid recurrence and provide feedback to relevant stakeholders
• Develop and revise specialize and/or complex EHS training and written programs to ensure compliance with all applicable EHS regulations; may deliver training as necessary
• Act as liaison with government agencies for EHS managers as assigned by Manager.
• Conduct periodic internal inspections and audit at the site to ensure continuous compliance with applicable regulations; and provide guidance to appropriate team members
• Act as a back-up emergency incident commander and/or safety officer as required
• Other duties as assigned by management
Education and Experience:
Bachelor's Degree or equivalent 4 years years experience previous related experience Required or
Master's Degree or equivalent 3 years years experience previous related experience Required or
Ph.D. or equivalent in Engineering, Scientific, or EHS related , 0 years years experience Required
• Proven expertise in MS Office Suite
• Strong documentation, communication and interpersonal relationship skills including negotiating and relationship management skills
• Substantial understanding and knowledge of EPA, OSHA, local and federal regulations
• Strong problem-solving, organizational, analytical and critical thinking skills
• Substantial understanding of processes and equipment used in assigned work
• Good leadership skills and ability to influence change
• Ability to work in a team environment, including inter-departmental teams and key contact representing the organization on contracts or projects
• Ability to interact with senior internal and external personnel on significant matters often requiring coordination between organizations
• Adhere to all EHS rules and requirements and take adequate control measures in preventing injuries to themselves and others as well as to the protection of environment and prevention of pollution under their span of influence/control
Edwards Lifesciences is the global leader in patient-focused medical innovations for structural heart disease, as well as critical care and surgical monitoring. Driven by a passion to help patients, the company collaborates with the world's leading clinicians and researchers to address unmet healthcare needs, working to improve patient outcomes and enhance lives. Headquartered in Irvine, California, Edwards Lifesciences has extensive operations in North America, Europe, Japan, Latin America and Asia and currently employs over 13,000 individuals worldwide.
For us, helping patients is not a slogan - it's our life's work. From developing devices that replace or repair a diseased heart valve to creating new technologies that monitor vital signs in the critical care setting, we focus on helping patients regain and improve the quality of their life.