Edwards Lifesciences Senior Analyst, Cost Accounting in Singapore
Responsible for accounting for inventory related to sales, which includes intercompany profit elimination reporting and allocation claims, analyzing inventory obsolescence and write-offs by working with Supply Chain and other stakeholders, maintaining transfer prices in JDE
Maintain oversight of sales which includes reviewing sales reconciliation, and Balance sheet commentary. Perform sales royalty calculation.
Responsible for tax calculations relating to 3rd party sales, including monthly split accounting for taxable and non-taxable profits for corporate tax calculation as well as legal P/L for transfer pricing purpose.
Responsible for ensuring proper internal controls are designed and are in place which includes maintaining updated SOX and internal control documentation (e.g. sales, inventory, fixed assets), and coordinating statutory and internal audit
Responsible for balance sheet reconciliations for Inventory and other assigned areas
Other incidental duties
Education and Experience:
Bachelor's Degree or equivalent in Accounting or Finance
Required 5 years experience in cost accounting experience
Auditing, Tax, accounting experience preferred
Experience working in a large manufacturing company Preferred
• Proven expertise in MS Office Suite, including advanced Excel and related financial systems; ERP (e.g., JDE, Oracle,) experience preferred
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills and interpersonal relationship skills including consultative and relationship management skills
• Excellent problem-solving, critical thinking, and investigative skills
• Good understanding of manufacturing and cost accounting processes
• Substantial understanding of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) and Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX)
• Substantial knowledge of financial concepts and principles
• Expertise in own functional area and ability to coach others in various functional areas impacted within the business
• Strict attention to detail
• Ability to interact professionally with all organizational levels, and partnership with business and operation
• Ability to manage competing priorities and deadlines in a fast-paced environment
• Ability to work and perform within a highly matrix organization
• Adhere to all EHS rules and requirements and take adequate control measures in preventing injuries to themselves and others as well as to the protection of environment and prevention of pollution under their span of influence/control
Edwards Lifesciences is the global leader in patient-focused medical innovations for structural heart disease, as well as critical care and surgical monitoring. Driven by a passion to help patients, the company collaborates with the world's leading clinicians and researchers to address unmet healthcare needs, working to improve patient outcomes and enhance lives. Headquartered in Irvine, California, Edwards Lifesciences has extensive operations in North America, Europe, Japan, Latin America and Asia and currently employs over 13,000 individuals worldwide.
For us, helping patients is not a slogan - it's our life's work. From developing devices that replace or repair a diseased heart valve to creating new technologies that monitor vital signs in the critical care setting, we focus on helping patients regain and improve the quality of their life.