Edwards Lifesciences Manager, Manufacturing in Singapore
Manage team to ensure smooth and continuous operations in manufacturing.
• Manage supervisors and/or oversee the work of assigned manufacturing team within own function, one or more production line or projects. Drive manufacturing culture, engage staff morale, and ensure employees' safety.
• Responsible for achieving and/or exceeding critical manufacturing operations metrics (e.g., P vs A, yields, cycle times, absorption, LIFR) while ensuring inventory coverage and tactical execution of business objectives with cross-functional teams
• Manage plant operations including execution of build plans and maintaining adequate line capacity with ability to resolve and prevent diverse issues while meeting cost and quality targets
• Develop a robust talent development plan in alignment with functional growth strategies of the department.
• Negotiate solutions with cross-functional groups (e.g., Quality, Supply Chain, and Engineering) for continuous improvement
• Manage manufacturing project activities (e.g., BEx initiatives and plant projects) with the accountability for successful completion of all deliverables to the business within established schedule, scope and quality objectives. Identify risk, develop mitigation strategies, alternative solutions, resolve issues, action item follow up, etc. in collaboration with cross functional groups
• Identify opportunities and lead the implementation of changes to drive improvements (e.g., BEx projects, plant projects)
• Partner with management on the execution and planning for the Annual Operating Plan
• Other incidental duties
Education and Experience:
Bachelor's Degree in in related field skill levels exceeding the requirements of the Superintenden Required and
Demonstrated track record in operations management Required
Experience working in a regulated industry Preferred
• Proven successful project management leadership skills
• Proven expertise in Microsoft Office Suite, including advanced Excel and manufacturing systems (e.g. JDE)
• Excellent documentation and communication skills and interpersonal relationship skills including negotiating and relationship management skills with ability to drive achievement of objectives
• Understanding of Six Sigma/Lean principles preferred
• Expert understanding of manufacturing procedures while addressing issues with impact beyond own team based on knowledge of related disciplines
• Expert understanding of related aspects of manufacturing processes and/or systems
• Knowledge of financial acumen as it relates to manufacturing
• Demonstrated ability to manage assigned team and provide coaching and feedback, including responsibility for all employee actions including hire/fire authority and partnering with HR on all aspects of employee relations
• Ability to develop and integrate metrics into the projects and operations that clearly demonstrate the value of manufacturing to the business
• Extensive understanding of Capacity and Planning Analysis
• Extensive knowledge of Process Validation
• Knowledge and adherence to applicable regulatory requirements (e.g., ISO 13485, ISO14001)
• Strict attention to detail
• Ability to interact professionally with all organizational levels and proactively escalate issues to appropriate levels of management in the organization
• Ability to work and excel within a fast paced, dynamic, and constantly changing work environment
• Knowledge of Lean Manufacturing concepts and Six Sigma
• Frequently interacts with customers, and/or functional peer group managers, normally involving matters between cross-functional teams and the company; often leads a cooperative effort among members of a project team
• Participate and present at meetings with internal and external representatives
• Resolve operational and scheduling issues
• Dedicated to quality client service and pro-active and responsive to client needs.
• Develop peer, cross functional and cross business relationships to maximize best practice sharing and team effectiveness.
• Develop relationships and leverage them to influence change
• Support and solicit input from team members at all levels within the organization
• Adhere to all EHS rules and requirements and take adequate control measures in preventing injuries to themselves and others as well as to the protection of environment and prevention of pollution under their span of influence/control
Edwards Lifesciences is the global leader in patient-focused medical innovations for structural heart disease, as well as critical care and surgical monitoring. Driven by a passion to help patients, the company collaborates with the world's leading clinicians and researchers to address unmet healthcare needs, working to improve patient outcomes and enhance lives. Headquartered in Irvine, California, Edwards Lifesciences has extensive operations in North America, Europe, Japan, Latin America and Asia and currently employs over 13,000 individuals worldwide.
For us, helping patients is not a slogan - it's our life's work. From developing devices that replace or repair a diseased heart valve to creating new technologies that monitor vital signs in the critical care setting, we focus on helping patients regain and improve the quality of their life.