Edwards Lifesciences Intern (6-months Contract) in Singapore
Edwards offers its university talent an opportunity to create innovative, life saving devices and techniques that help physicians provide better opportunities for patients around the world. As a global leader in treating advanced cardiovascular disease, we know that millions of people benefit from our passion, our focus, and our innovation.
• Program provides the opportunity to work in a variety of Business Units and functions and make meaningful impact through challenging projects. We have Engineering positions available in R&D, Quality, Manufacturing and more. Specific internship projects will be identified based on the candidate's strengths, interests and business need.
Education and Experience:
Bachelor's Degree in PursuingJunior or Senior Preferred and
pursuing degree in Biomedical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Bioengineering etc Preferred and
Course competition of engineering mechanics and mechanical design is preferred.
• Comfortable working in laboratory environment. Hands-on and highly motivated. Able to follow procedures, perform testing and clearly convey data results.
• Strong interest in pursuing relevant industry experience. Interest in the healthcare and medical devices industry is a plus.
• Attention to detail.
• Be proficient in drafting software (Solidworks or Creo Parametric preferred).
• Must be in good scholastic standing (3.0+ GPA or equivalent).
• U.S. citizenship or permanent residency is required; some exceptions will apply.
• Conceptualize, develop, and iterate designs in response to design requirements specified.
• Test new designs (functional testing, mechanical testing, and simulated use) and brainstorm novel ideas for device improvements using test results.
• Assist in documenting production department concerns and aid in troubleshooting and resolving technical problems.
• Provide documentation support and complete written reports on testing and designs.
• Actively participate in design reviews and provide relevant feedback for teammates.
Edwards Lifesciences is the global leader in patient-focused medical innovations for structural heart disease, as well as critical care and surgical monitoring. Driven by a passion to help patients, the company collaborates with the world's leading clinicians and researchers to address unmet healthcare needs, working to improve patient outcomes and enhance lives. Headquartered in Irvine, California, Edwards Lifesciences has extensive operations in North America, Europe, Japan, Latin America and Asia and currently employs over 13,000 individuals worldwide.
For us, helping patients is not a slogan - it's our life's work. From developing devices that replace or repair a diseased heart valve to creating new technologies that monitor vital signs in the critical care setting, we focus on helping patients regain and improve the quality of their life.