Edwards Lifesciences Associate Tissue Processor in Singapore
Applies skill and dexterity in the preparation of raw tissue materials for the manufacturing process, in keeping with regulatory and company guidelines
• Identify portions of tissue that meet thickness and other specification requirements of various product components, using forceps and gauges
• Visually assess leaflets to select those that meet manufacturing requirements, using forceps
• Operate fixation machine to convert incoming tissue to fixed tissue to begin preparation for manufacturing process
• Visually assess incoming pericardial tissue for obvious imperfections, using scalpels, forceps, scissors
• Operate die cut machine to produce individual leaflets
• Review, follow and perform job functions in compliance with work instructions/process sheets and adherence with SOPs, including recording traceable information on device history records.
• Other incidental duties: Clean and sanitize work area – surfaces and equipment – between processing of tissue lots
Education and Experience:
Secondary Education Preferred
no previous related experience Required
Prior dissection experience strongly preferred or assembly positions in the Medical Device Manufacturing environment. – Level 2 Preferred
• Good communication skills
• Able to read, comprehend and speak English
• Must be able to work with minimum supervision by following detailed manufacturing instructions
• Work in a Team environment
• Adhere to all EHS rules and requirements and take adequate control measures in preventing injuries to themselves and others as well as to the protection of environment and prevention of pollution under their span of influence/control
Edwards Lifesciences is the global leader in patient-focused medical innovations for structural heart disease, as well as critical care and surgical monitoring. Driven by a passion to help patients, the company collaborates with the world's leading clinicians and researchers to address unmet healthcare needs, working to improve patient outcomes and enhance lives. Headquartered in Irvine, California, Edwards Lifesciences has extensive operations in North America, Europe, Japan, Latin America and Asia and currently employs over 13,000 individuals worldwide.
For us, helping patients is not a slogan - it's our life's work. From developing devices that replace or repair a diseased heart valve to creating new technologies that monitor vital signs in the critical care setting, we focus on helping patients regain and improve the quality of their life.