Edwards Lifesciences Associate Manager, Value Improvement in Singapore
Manage multiple operational projects through the project lifecycle (initiating, planning, executing, and closing) to ensure ultimate project success
• o Oversees all aspects of the project management life cycle from initiation to closure.
o Leads cross-functional groups comprising of Operations, Quality, Regulatory, and others to develop, communicate, and measure progress against goals and metrics for program success.
o Establishes and maintains team member and project stakeholder relationships, expectations, and communications.
o Manages project schedules and surfaces/resolves conflicts to maintain project schedule. Schedules and conducts program reviews throughout the project life cycle.
o Executes and leads the execution of tasks as defined in the project management plan in order to achieve the project goals, and actively manages project risk.
o Determines and discerns detailed requirements on larger scale projects to establish the project deliverables, and manages changes to the project scope, schedule, and costs to keep the project management plan updated and reflective of authorized project changes.
o Measures project performance using appropriate tools and techniques in order to monitor the progress of the project, identify and quantify variances, perform required corrective actions, and communicates to all stakeholders.
o Manages project closure activities, including gathering lessons learned.
• Actively leads one or more Project Management Office (PMO) continuous improvement and VIP activities.
• Serves as a project management subject matter expert, including guiding and mentoring other project managers.
• Assist PMO Leader with Portfolio management related initiatives, including program reviews, portfolio reporting, deployment of training/development activities, plant scorecard administration.
• Other incidental activities
Education and Experience:
Bachelor's Degree or Equivalent in in related field, 8 years years experience hands on experience managing projects of increasing complexity and project management experience, preferably from within the medical device industry. Required
• Proven expertise in usage of MS Office Suite and related project management systems
• Excellent documentation and communication skills and interpersonal relationship skills including negotiating and relationship management skills with ability to drive achievement of objectives
• Strong leadership, strategic thinking and problem solving skills with the ability to influence others at all levels of the organization.
• Ability to manage competing priorities and drive achievement of objectives.
• Expert understanding and knowledge of principles, theories, and concepts relevant to managing multiple projects within an overall program.
• Demonstrated track record in program and project management by managing resources, scope, risks, and tracking milestones.
• The employee in this position has the authority to provide feedback on team performance reviews for each of the team members on an assigned project to their functional supervisor
• Adhere to all EHS rules and requirements and take adequate control measures in preventing injuries to themselves and others as well as to the protection of environment and prevention of pollution under their span of influence/control
Edwards Lifesciences is the global leader in patient-focused medical innovations for structural heart disease, as well as critical care and surgical monitoring. Driven by a passion to help patients, the company collaborates with the world's leading clinicians and researchers to address unmet healthcare needs, working to improve patient outcomes and enhance lives. Headquartered in Irvine, California, Edwards Lifesciences has extensive operations in North America, Europe, Japan, Latin America and Asia and currently employs over 13,000 individuals worldwide.
For us, helping patients is not a slogan - it's our life's work. From developing devices that replace or repair a diseased heart valve to creating new technologies that monitor vital signs in the critical care setting, we focus on helping patients regain and improve the quality of their life.