Edwards Lifesciences Associate Manager, Quality in Singapore
SGPM1Assoc Mgr, Quality
• Plan and direct assigned operational and project activities with the accountability for successful completion of assigned deliverables.
• Manage a small team within area. Develop team members to increase business acumen and functional skills
• Identify opportunities and lead the implementation of changes to drive improvements
• Other incidental duties
Education and Experience:
Bachelor's Degree in in related field related experience Required and
Demonstrated skill set in people management Required and
Demonstrated technical expertise within assigned quality area Required
Master's Degree or equivalent in in related fieldExperience working in a regulated industry Preferred
• Proven successful project management leadership skills
• Proven expertise in Microsoft Office Suite; experience in related quality systems preferred
• Excellent problem-solving, organizational, analytical and critical thinking skills including high discretion/judgment in decision making
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills and interpersonal relationship skills including negotiating and relationship management skills with ability to drive achievement of objectives
• Extensive understanding of quality procedures while defining team operating standards and ensuring essential procedures are followed based on knowledge of own area
• Extensive understanding of related aspects of quality processes and/or systems
• Knowledge of financial mechanism that relates to area
• Demonstrated skill set to manage assigned team and provide coaching and feedback, including responsibility for all employee actions including hire/fire authority and partnering with HR on all aspects of employee relations
• Ability to develop and integrate metrics into the projects and operations that clearly demonstrate the value of quality to the business
• Knowledge and adherence to applicable regulatory requirements (e.g., ISO 13485, QSR)
• Strict attention to detail
• Ability to interact professionally with all organizational levels and proactively escalate issues to appropriate levels of management in the organization
• Ability to work and excel within a fast paced, dynamic, and constantly changing work environment
• Primarily interacts with internal subordinates and other supervisors
• Typically interacts with external suppliers, vendors and/or customers
• Share information and provides basic problem solving solutions; gains cooperation of others, conducts presentations of technical information concerning specific projects or schedules
• Dedicated to quality client service and pro-active and responsive to client needs.
• Develop peer, cross functional and cross business relationships to maximize best practice sharing and team effectiveness.
• Adhere to all EHS rules and requirements and take adequate control measures in preventing injuries to themselves and others as well as to the protection of environment and prevention of pollution under their span of influence/control
Edwards Lifesciences is the global leader in patient-focused medical innovations for structural heart disease, as well as critical care and surgical monitoring. Driven by a passion to help patients, the company collaborates with the world's leading clinicians and researchers to address unmet healthcare needs, working to improve patient outcomes and enhance lives. Headquartered in Irvine, California, Edwards Lifesciences has extensive operations in North America, Europe, Japan, Latin America and Asia and currently employs over 13,000 individuals worldwide.
For us, helping patients is not a slogan - it's our life's work. From developing devices that replace or repair a diseased heart valve to creating new technologies that monitor vital signs in the critical care setting, we focus on helping patients regain and improve the quality of their life.