Edwards Lifesciences Field Clinical Specialist (m/f/d), Area Frankfurt in Unterschleissheim, Germany
The Field Clinical Specialist develops clinical education materials in connection with clinical investigations including providing education and clinical insights on the device, procedure and protocol throughout the life cycle of the clinical investigation.
TMTTs are the future of Edwards – Estimated to be a more than $3 billion opportunity by 2024, Edwards will discuss its multiple transcatheter programs aimed at transforming care for the many patients suffering from mitral and tricuspid regurgitation. Edwards plans to launch one transformational therapy in Europe each year led by its CARDIOBAND and PASCAL programs. Since 2017 already 4 products certified for EU and the other coming soon! Join the most innovative company in structural heart field. Apply now!
Key Responsibilities :
• Provide education on all aspects on one technology of the device, device handling, implantation and troubleshooting techniques related to equipment, tools and products required for device implants including full certification for independent case support
• Educate and train physicians, hospital personnel and hospital staff on all aspects of technical matters related to products and procedures including imaging through conducting and/or coordinating one-on-one ad hoc training sessions and in-service structured education programs on one technology.
• Responsible for upselling in key strategic accounts working in conjunction with Business Managers
• Develop and continuously improve training curriculum, training materials and training tools, based on clinical trial experience, EW guidelines and SOP.
• Responsible for certification of the centers, physicians and other related staff, as well as EW personnel and as outlined within EW SOP
• Validate software and hardware updates in the field as applicable
• Regularly reviews clinical support activities, changes in the market and assigned accounts, as well as, competitive activity with cross-functional teams (e.g., sales)
• Other incidental duties
Education and Experience:
• Bachelor's Degree in in related field or equivalent Nursing certification
•Training experience in clinical / technical environment is preferable
• First years of experience of previous related medical device and/or clinical experience is required
• Fluency in German is required and fluency in English is strongly preferred
• Proven expertise in MS Office Suite and ability to operate general office machinery
• Good written and verbal communication skills, presentation, and interpersonal relationship skills including negotiating and relationship management skills
• Good problem-solving and critical thinking skills
• Moderate knowledge and understanding of cardiovascular science
• Moderate understanding of cardiovascular anatomy, pathology and physiology including the applications and “language” of the market and Edwards Lifesciences
• Moderate understanding of medical device regulatory requirements and documents, device accountability and adverse events reporting
• Moderate imaging analysis software skills (e.g. 3Mensio, TomTec, Vitrea, Circle VI, etc.)
• Ability to manage confidential information with discretion
Comment : Ability to work in Frankfurt territory required
Edwards Lifesciences is the global leader in patient-focused medical innovations for structural heart disease, as well as critical care and surgical monitoring. Driven by a passion to help patients, the company collaborates with the world's leading clinicians and researchers to address unmet healthcare needs, working to improve patient outcomes and enhance lives. Headquartered in Irvine, California, Edwards Lifesciences has extensive operations in North America, Europe, Japan, Latin America and Asia and currently employs over 15,000 individuals worldwide.
For us, helping patients is not a slogan - it's our life's work. From developing devices that replace or repair a diseased heart valve to creating new technologies that monitor vital signs in the critical care setting, we focus on helping patients regain and improve the quality of their life.