Edwards Lifesciences Associate Analyst, Finance in Tokyo, Japan
Provide advice, guidance, analysis, and reporting of financial information.
• Assist in analyzing monthly trends (e.g., labor, overhead, discretionary spend) and assist in developing/updating quarterly forecasts and budgets
• Prepare and process month-end journal entries; prepare balance sheet account reconciliations; calculate, update, and maintain product standard cost in ERP system; gathering data and generating reports in support of trend analysis
• Research variance details to identify anomalies and key drivers, and provide explanations
• Gather information to be used in presentations for management
• Assist in the preparation of monthly tax filings and other indirect taxes
• Other incidental duties
• Bachelor's Degree in Accounting/Finance/Economics or related field
• 3 years experience in Accounting/Finance
• Certified Public Accountant(CPA) Preferred.
• Good computer skills in MS Office Suite, including advanced Excel and ability to operate general office machinery
• Good written and verbal communication skills and interpersonal relationship skills
• Good problem-solving and critical thinking skills
• Good ability to read and write English
• Good knowledge and understanding of Edwards policies, procedures, and guidelines relevant to accounting
• Good understanding of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP), local GAAP, and Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX)
• Good knowledge of financial concepts and principles
• Ability to manage confidential information with discretion
• Strict attention to detail
• Ability to interact professionally with all organizational levels
• Ability to manage competing priorities and deadlines in a fast-paced environment
• Must be able to work in a team environment, including immediate supervisor and other team members in the section or group
• Ability to build stable working internal/external relationships
Edwards Lifesciences is the global leader in patient-focused medical innovations for structural heart disease, as well as critical care and surgical monitoring. Driven by a passion to help patients, the company collaborates with the world's leading clinicians and researchers to address unmet healthcare needs, working to improve patient outcomes and enhance lives. Headquartered in Irvine, California, Edwards Lifesciences has extensive operations in North America, Europe, Japan, Latin America and Asia and currently employs over 15,000 individuals worldwide.
For us, helping patients is not a slogan - it's our life's work. From developing devices that replace or repair a diseased heart valve to creating new technologies that monitor vital signs in the critical care setting, we focus on helping patients regain and improve the quality of their life.