Edwards Lifesciences Warehouse Clerk in Shannon, Ireland
Supports specified Warehouse and/or Distribution operation by performing related area material handling functions for shipping, receiving, and raw materials (including limited chemical handling) in accordance to Edwards' policies and procedures.
• Material requisition fulfillment, including locating, verifying, and labeling requested materials, and performing required system transaction and delivering materials to the area specified on the requisition, in keeping with established work instructions and SOPs
• Receive materials into the warehouse from production returns and/or QA released purchase orders, verify count of goods received and transfer to physical stock location accompanied by the appropriate JDE transaction.
• Perform weekly inventory cycle counts and annual physical inventory count (if required) resolving any discrepancies identified during the process.
• Contribute to improvement activities and participating in lean initiatives. Assist with inventory and/or system problem resolution
• Perform equipment inspection of all lift equipment prior to operation.
• Other incidental duties: General housekeeping of work area and LMS Training
Education and Experience:
2 years experience of related experience in a warehouse environment and forklift operation required
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• Good organizational skills, able to prioritize and manage competing priorities, detail oriented and quality focused
• Ability to read, interpret and comprehend policies and procedures (English Speaking, preferred)
• Must have strong communication skills, both verbal and written.
• Ability to complete paperwork accurately following good documentation practices (GDP)
• Ability to perform basic math calculations including adding, subtracting, and measuring
• Forklift certification required within applicable area
• Critical thinking and problem solving skills required
• Ability to lift 25-50 lbs unassisted (based on need)
• Knowledge of and adherence to Edwards Environmental Health and Safety and Quality guidelines as they relate to warehouse operations and clean room medical device manufacturing
• Must be able to work with minimum supervision by following detailed instructions
• Work in a team environment, including exchanging information related to performing required tasks with colleagues and with internal customers, as well as with vendors and carriers
• Basic computer skills required; good working knowledge of warehouse (enterprise) system
• Flexibility to work varying shifts and/or overtime, as needed
• Strict attention to detail and accuracy
• Basic computer skills required
• Good working knowledge of warehouse (enterprise) system
• Adhere to all EHS rules and requirements and take adequate control measures in preventing injuries to themselves and others as well as to the protection of environment and prevention of pollution under their span of influence/control
Edwards Lifesciences is the global leader in patient-focused medical innovations for structural heart disease, as well as critical care and surgical monitoring. Driven by a passion to help patients, the company collaborates with the world's leading clinicians and researchers to address unmet healthcare needs, working to improve patient outcomes and enhance lives. Headquartered in Irvine, California, Edwards Lifesciences has extensive operations in North America, Europe, Japan, Latin America and Asia and currently employs over 13,000 individuals worldwide.
For us, helping patients is not a slogan - it's our life's work. From developing devices that replace or repair a diseased heart valve to creating new technologies that monitor vital signs in the critical care setting, we focus on helping patients regain and improve the quality of their life.