Edwards Lifesciences Material Handler - Warehousing in Shannon, Ireland
Ensures the receipt and transfer of materials as needed for manufacturing to ensure continuous production and shipping of products, in compliance with local EH&S guidelines, Edwards procedures, and other applicable regulations.
• Receive material requisitions, search system to locate materials, physically verify lot for picking, and pack materials and components onto dispatch cart
• Perform packaging of goods for shipment, create pick list and invoices for outbound shipments including airway bills in JDE, TRAX, and Forwarder software
• Receive materials into the warehouse from production returns and/or purchase orders, perform visual inspection and count to verify goods received, search JDE for storage availability, and physically place goods in storage
• Print label of materials and components, and physically deliver to transfer area on a timely basis, in fulfillment of material requisitions, without entering clean room
• Perform monthly inventory cycle counts and annual physical inventory count
• Review, follow and perform job functions in compliance with established work instructions and adherence with SOPs, including recording traceable information on device history records and enter information into JDE, or other systems as required
• Other incidental duties: General work area housekeeping and visual inspection of storage containers
Education and Experience:
Secondary Education in strongly preferred
Previous experience in a warehouse environment and forklift operation
• Basic computer skills with working knowledge of computer systems or software, which typically may include JDE, TRAX, and Forwarder, preferred
• Ability to read, comprehend, and speak English, and good communication skills, required
• Knowledge of and adherence to Edwards Environmental Health and Safety and Quality guidelines as they relate to warehouse operations and clean room medical device manufacturing
• Must be able to work in a team environment, including with peers in manufacturing, and with minimum supervision by following detailed established work instructions
• Strict attention to detail and accuracy
• Adhere to all EHS rules and requirements and take adequate control measures in preventing injuries to themselves and others as well as to the protection of environment and prevention of pollution under their span of influence/control
Edwards Lifesciences is the global leader in patient-focused medical innovations for structural heart disease, as well as critical care and surgical monitoring. Driven by a passion to help patients, the company collaborates with the world's leading clinicians and researchers to address unmet healthcare needs, working to improve patient outcomes and enhance lives. Headquartered in Irvine, California, Edwards Lifesciences has extensive operations in North America, Europe, Japan, Latin America and Asia and currently employs over 13,000 individuals worldwide.
For us, helping patients is not a slogan - it's our life's work. From developing devices that replace or repair a diseased heart valve to creating new technologies that monitor vital signs in the critical care setting, we focus on helping patients regain and improve the quality of their life.