Edwards Lifesciences HR Workforce Administrator in Shannon, Ireland
The Company: Edwards Lifesciences is driven by a passion to help patients. The company collaborates with the world’s leading clinicians and researchers to address unmet healthcare needs, working to improve patient outcomes and enhance lives.
The Role : Support Human Resources within the Ireland Plant
• Responsible for establishing and maintaining candidate and personnel records ensuring accurate data is maintained on a timely basis, and in accordance with current data protection legislation.
• Identify HR needs of the business unit and meet these needs through collaboration with HR functional areas including compensation, benefits, HRIS, and learning and development to effectively access and deliver the required services
• Generate and develop standard and ad hoc reports for management and various internal and external stakeholders, e.g. headcount reports, CSO Employment Hours and Earnings, leave summaries, etc.
• Contribute to strategic projects and programs (e.g., engagement survey) to fulfill business needs and organizational priorities, including conducting organizational workforce needs assessments, developing strategic programs to develop workforce capabilities that meet organizational goals and leading cross functional business teams and managing program execution
• Maintain organizational metrics that reflect integrated workforce trends
• Implement the strategic workforce plan and corresponding diversity and retention strategies, including talent acquisition strategies in keeping with business plan and long-range plan
• Assist in preparing HR information for key initiatives (e.g., audits, lean projects)
• Bachelors degree in a business administration or related field
• Proven expertise in usage of MS Office Suite and HR systems
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills and interpersonal skills including negotiating, consultative and relationship management skills
• Demonstrated conflict resolution skills
• Good leadership skills
• Proven success adhering to and leading project schedules and participating in projects
• Good presentation and facilitation skills
• Able to read, comprehend, write, and speak English
• Moderate knowledge and understanding of HR functional areas with an expertise of at least one area including: Talent Acquisition, Compensation, Benefits, Payroll, Leadership Development and Organizational Development
• Moderate knowledge and understanding of EW policies, procedures, and requirements
• Substantial knowledge and understanding of applicable employment laws and compliance implications
• Good knowledge of MS Office Suite and working knowledge of HR systems (e.g. PeopleSoft, Kronos, Eikon)
• Good problem-solving, organizational, analytical and critical thinking skills
• Good negotiation and conflict resolution skills
• Good leadership skills
• Ability to build and maintain strong relationships across the organization
• Ability to assess risks, analyze situations and determine next course of action
• Ability to manage internal and external confidential information with utmost discretion
• Strict attention to detail
• Ability to interact professionally with all organizational levels
• Ability to manage competing priorities in a fast paced environment
• Work is performed independently on more complex projects and/or lines of work and reviewed for accuracy and soundness
• Adhere to all EHS rules and requirements and take adequate control measures in preventing injuries to themselves and others as well as to the protection of environment and prevention of pollution under their span of influence/control
Edwards Lifesciences is the global leader in patient-focused medical innovations for structural heart disease, as well as critical care and surgical monitoring. Driven by a passion to help patients, the company collaborates with the world's leading clinicians and researchers to address unmet healthcare needs, working to improve patient outcomes and enhance lives. Headquartered in Irvine, California, Edwards Lifesciences has extensive operations in North America, Europe, Japan, Latin America and Asia and currently employs over 15,000 individuals worldwide.
For us, helping patients is not a slogan - it's our life's work. From developing devices that replace or repair a diseased heart valve to creating new technologies that monitor vital signs in the critical care setting, we focus on helping patients regain and improve the quality of their life.