Edwards Lifesciences Facilities Supervisor - Medical Device in Shannon, Ireland
Supervise team with responsibility for ensuring that the plant operates efficiently in the day-to-day operations and in managing projects to enhance the utilization of the facilities.
• Supervise facilities employees on the day to day tasks; which includes walls, ceiling, floors and exteriors reparations and maintenance; in addition to conducting performance reviews, including resolving performance issues. Accountable to ensure employees are appropriately trained to perform assigned work, including LMS System.
• Run and coordinate facilities projects related to building grounds.
• Accountable for Facilities Metrics and Reports to pursuit world Class performance.
• Accountable for Facilities PM assigned to electricians and mechanics. Accountable for all site Facilities work orders.
• Provide support to the facilities engineer as requested.
• Assist manufacturing and engineering areas with layout changes as requested.
• Other duties as assigned by Manager and Director.
Education and Experience:
Bachelor's Degree in Technical (electronic or electrical) field , 2 years min years experience,
Substantial technical knowledge and experience in assigned work area Required
At least 2 years experience of previous related experience with full responsibility for all personnel including hire/fire authority and handling all aspects of employee relations Required
• Experience leading multi-cultural teams with cultural sensitivity.
• Project management experience.
• Proven expertise in JDE and Maximo.
• Experience working in a medical device industry, preferred.
• Excellent communication and interpersonal relationship skills; possessing strong collaboration skills in partnering with cross functional stakeholders in order objectives, as well as mediating differences to achieve consensus.
• Adhere to all EHS rules and requirements and take adequate control measures in preventing injuries to themselves and others as well as to the protection of environment and prevention of pollution under their span of influence/control
• Ensure proper handling, storage and disposal of all waste generated in the facility according to applicable laws within the waste management program (RCRA). Prepare regulatory and/or internal reports, complete waste determinations, sign waste manifests and coordinate proper training sessions to affected personnel
Edwards Lifesciences is the global leader in patient-focused medical innovations for structural heart disease, as well as critical care and surgical monitoring. Driven by a passion to help patients, the company collaborates with the world's leading clinicians and researchers to address unmet healthcare needs, working to improve patient outcomes and enhance lives. Headquartered in Irvine, California, Edwards Lifesciences has extensive operations in North America, Europe, Japan, Latin America and Asia and currently employs over 15,000 individuals worldwide.
For us, helping patients is not a slogan - it's our life's work. From developing devices that replace or repair a diseased heart valve to creating new technologies that monitor vital signs in the critical care setting, we focus on helping patients regain and improve the quality of their life.