Edwards Lifesciences Sr. Specialist TMTT JAPAC Clinical Education in Shanghai, China
Develops clinical education materials in connection with clinical investigations. Provides expertise and clinical insights on the device, procedure and protocol throughout the life cycle of the clinical investigation.
Develop and continuously improve training curriculum, training materials and training tools, based on clinical experience.
Develop KOL engagement program including KOL meeting, proctor meeting, and training
Manage KOL contract agreement to be compliant with EW best practice
Develop and manage training dezitalizaiton with the team member
Develop and manage clinical marketing plan and collaterals with the team member
Manage JAPAC training assets
• Provide education to physicians, Field Clinical Specialists and Sales Reps on all aspects of the device, device handling, implantation and troubleshooting techniques related to equipment, tools and products required for device implants.
• Educate and train physicians, hospital personnel and hospital staff on technical matters related to investigational products and procedures through conducting and/or coordinating one-on-one ad hoc training sessions and in-service structured education programs
• Manage the training for physicians (e.g. review physician applications, select participants and coordinates training)
• Partner with Global Business Unit to develop material content and communications for distribution to clinical sites, including Japanese translation of technical terminology.
• Provide physicians and medical staff with required follow-up support to ensure continuity of education and technical support related to all aspects of clinical research.
• Represent EW during complex cases with physicians, hospital staff and by providing on-site, real-time guidance during clinical implants, including contingency planning to address unforeseen occurrences in support cases.
• Document procedural case observations for insights in investigating post procedural events
• Develop and continuously improve training materials, training tools, and curriculum, based on clinical trial experience
• Provide field training and guidance to new Clinical Specialists
• Other incidental duties
Education and Experience:
Bachelor's Degree in in related field , 5 years years experience of previous related medical device and/or clinical experience Required and
Other: Clinician experience in intra-operative procedures acquired from Registered Nursing Degree curriculum (RN), or in positions such as Radiologic Technologist (RT), Operating Room Technician (ORT), or Cardiovascular Technician (RCIS) Preferred and
Other: Experience in interventional cardiology or cardiothoracic surgery Preferred
• Proven expertise in MS Office Suite and ability to operate general office machinery
• Strong written and verbal communication skills, presentation, and interpersonal relationship skills including negotiating and relationship management skills
• Excellent problem-solving and critical thinking skills
• Excellent ability to read, write and speak English
• Full knowledge and understanding of cardiovascular science
• Full understanding of cardiovascular anatomy, pathology and physiology
• Full understanding of medical device regulatory requirements and documents, device accountability and adverse events reporting
• Ability to manage confidential information with discretion
• Strict attention to detail
• Ability to interact professionally with all organizational levels
• Ability to manage competing priorities in a fast paced environment
• Must be able to work in a team environment, including inter-departmental teams and key contact representing the organization on contracts or projects
• Ability to interact with senior internal and external personnel on significant matters often requiring coordination between organizations
• Adhere to all EHS rules and requirements and take adequate control measures in preventing injuries to themselves and others as well as to the protection of environment and prevention of pollution under their span of influence/control
Edwards Lifesciences is the global leader in patient-focused medical innovations for structural heart disease, as well as critical care and surgical monitoring. Driven by a passion to help patients, the company collaborates with the world's leading clinicians and researchers to address unmet healthcare needs, working to improve patient outcomes and enhance lives. Headquartered in Irvine, California, Edwards Lifesciences has extensive operations in North America, Europe, Japan, Latin America and Asia and currently employs over 15,000 individuals worldwide.
For us, helping patients is not a slogan - it's our life's work. From developing devices that replace or repair a diseased heart valve to creating new technologies that monitor vital signs in the critical care setting, we focus on helping patients regain and improve the quality of their life.