Edwards Lifesciences Senior Manager Medical Affairs -THV in Shanghai, China
• Facilitate, generate and disseminate medical and clinical information for both internal and external clients for the assigned therapy area.
• Review, analyze and communicate clinical evidence.
• Establish the highest medical-scientific credibility with customers and stakeholders and act as a medical-scientific expert liaison between the organization and the medical community through the communication of medical-scientific evidence-based data.
• Establish long-term medical-scientific/strategic relationships with key thought leaders and with related medical associations and academic centers of excellence.
• Collaborate with commercial teams to formulate strategies of medical, clinical, educational, and health economics for the assigned therapy area.
• Provide guidance to commercial teams on activities that foster evidence landscaping and evidence development to guide current and future strategies for medical, clinical, health economic and educational activities for the assigned therapy area.
• Other incidental duties.
Education and Experience:
• Bachelor's Degree in (Medical/Life Science/Allied health degree)
• 8 years working experience related in clinical or scientific background required
• Good scientific expertise to lead the implementation of the medical affairs strategy for the assigned therapy area.
• Proven successful organizational and project management skills.
• Proven expertise in Microsoft Office Suite.
• Good documentation and communication skills and interpersonal relationship skills including negotiating and relationship management skills with ability to drive achievement of objectives.
• Ability to understand and effectively communicate scientific information; respond to inquiries and address needs of key stakeholders.
• Ability to build positive constructive relationships with cross-functional team members.
• Demonstrate high level of personal integrity, emotional intelligence, flexibility.
• Experience in relevant clinical practice preferred.
• Extensive knowledge of own area within the organization while contributing to the development of new concepts, techniques and standards.
• Extensive knowledge and understanding of policies, procedures and guidelines relevant to investigator-initiated studies.
• Extensive knowledge of regulatory requirements and study execution.
• Strict attention to detail.
• Ability to interact professionally with all organizational levels and proactively escalate issues to appropriate levels of management in the organization.
• Ability to manage competing priorities in a fast paced environment.
• Must be able to work effectively within a specific area with cross-functional team, marketing peers and leaders and managing needs and messaging to upper management.
• Maintain a strong relationship with the regional sales team, clinical specialists, and training to ensure effective and optimal integration of efforts.
• This candidate will bring a background of scientific and compliance rigor, excellent communication skills, and will report to the Director for Medical Affairs.
• Strong work ethic and commitment to serve internal and external clients.
• Energy, focus, motivation, debate-friendly, and good interpersonal skills.
• Passion for science and teaching.
• Open and honest approach to debates and constant evaluation.
• Team player, "can-do" attitude.
• Adhere to all EHS rules and requirements and take adequate control measures in preventing injuries to themselves and others as well as to the protection of environment and prevention of pollution under their span of influence/control.
25% % Ability and willingness to travel
Edwards Lifesciences is the global leader in patient-focused medical innovations for structural heart disease, as well as critical care and surgical monitoring. Driven by a passion to help patients, the company collaborates with the world's leading clinicians and researchers to address unmet healthcare needs, working to improve patient outcomes and enhance lives. Headquartered in Irvine, California, Edwards Lifesciences has extensive operations in North America, Europe, Japan, Latin America and Asia and currently employs over 15,000 individuals worldwide.
For us, helping patients is not a slogan - it's our life's work. From developing devices that replace or repair a diseased heart valve to creating new technologies that monitor vital signs in the critical care setting, we focus on helping patients regain and improve the quality of their life.