Edwards Lifesciences Mgr, Clinical Education in Shanghai, China
Provides expertise and clinical insights on the clinical education activities.
• Identify ongoing educational and case support needs. Create and oversee the implementation of the identified projects and ongoing educational and case support needs in partnership with key stakeholders. Act as a core team lead and provide consultation on various internal and/or field-related projects with cross-functional teams
• Provide clinical expertise on all aspects of product lines and/or clinical affairs site management and provide guidance and clinical insight to team members
• Lead in developing and continuously improving training materials, training tools, and curriculum, based on clinical trial experience
• Educate and train physicians, hospital personnel and hospital staff on technical matters related to investigational products and procedures through conducting and/or coordinating various programs, seminars, and internal and external symposiums.
• Provide indirect leadership through guidance, coaching and development for team members.
• Lead in process improvement projects by driving program effectiveness and ensuring overall stakeholder satisfaction from a content and educational perspective
• Other incidental duties
Education and Experience:
Bachelor's Degree in in related field , 8 years years experience of previous related medical device and/or clinical experience Required or
Master's Degree or equivalent 6 years years experience of previous related medical device and/or clinical experience Required
Clinician experience in intra-operative procedures acquired from Registered Nursing Degree curriculum (RN), or in positions such as Radiologic Technologist (RT), Operating Room Technician (ORT), or Cardiovascular Technician (RCIS) Preferred
Experience in interventional cardiology or cardiothoracic surgery (THV only) Preferred
• Excellent facilitation and presentation skills
• Proven successful project management skills
• Proven expertise in MS Office Suite and related systems
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills and interpersonal relationship skills including consultative, influencing, and relationship management skills
• Ability to relate to physicians, nurses, and senior-level healthcare managers
• Excellent problem-solving and critical thinking skills
• Excellent English skills
• Extensive knowledge and understanding of Edwards policies, procedures, and guidelines relevant to clinical education
• Extensive understanding of responsible clinical areas
• Extensive understanding of medical device regulatory requirements and documents, device accountability and adverse events reporting
• Ability to manage confidential information with discretion
• Strict attention to detail
• Ability to interact professionally with all organizational levels and proactively escalate issues to appropriate levels of management in the organization
• Ability to manage competing priorities in a fast paced environment
• Represents leadership on sections of projects within a specific area interfacing with project managers and Clinical Education team
• Consult in project setting within specific sections of own area
• Provides leadership to outsourcing partners on a task level
• Adhere to all EHS rules and requirements and take adequate control measures in preventing injuries to themselves and others as well as to the protection of environment and prevention of pollution under their span of influence/control
Edwards Lifesciences is the global leader in patient-focused medical innovations for structural heart disease, as well as critical care and surgical monitoring. Driven by a passion to help patients, the company collaborates with the world's leading clinicians and researchers to address unmet healthcare needs, working to improve patient outcomes and enhance lives. Headquartered in Irvine, California, Edwards Lifesciences has extensive operations in North America, Europe, Japan, Latin America and Asia and currently employs over 15,000 individuals worldwide.
For us, helping patients is not a slogan - it's our life's work. From developing devices that replace or repair a diseased heart valve to creating new technologies that monitor vital signs in the critical care setting, we focus on helping patients regain and improve the quality of their life.