Edwards Lifesciences Business Analyst in Shanghai, China
Assess data sources in order to support business decision making.
• Partner with team to develop new analyses; collaborate with and influence stakeholders/leadership through fact based analyses, drive change, and develop solutions.
• Interpret results of quantitative models, identify trends and issues, and develop alternatives to support business objectives. Present and communicate complex analytical findings to be clear, concise, and decision oriented.
• Identify and resolve challenging issues in the marketplace
• Identify, evaluate, cleanse, organize, and assess value of disparate data sources. Identify data sources available and collect primary data where necessary.
• Build custom quantitative models by applying advanced statistical methods
• Perform validation and testing of models to ensure adequacy and determine need for reformulation.
• Other incidental duties
Education and Experience:
Bachelor's Degree 5 years years experience of previous related experience Required
Other: in Business or related field Experience working within healthcare Preferred
• Proven expertise in Microsoft Office Suite, business intelligence and analytics tools (e.g., Tableau, Python) required
• Good project management skills
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills including negotiating and relationship management skills
• Excellent problem-solving and critical thinking skills
• Full knowledge and understanding of Edwards policies, procedures and guidelines relevant to marketing analytics and/or business intelligence
• Full understanding of quantitative methodologies, techniques and tools to develop best in class analytic solutions
• Strict attention to detail
• Ability to interact professionally with all organizational levels
• Ability to manage competing priorities in a fast paced environment
• Leadership and talent development skills
• Must be able to work in a team environment, including inter-departmental teams, key contact representing the organization on contracts or projects, and vendors/suppliers
• Ability to interact with senior internal and external personnel on significant matters often requiring coordination between organizations
• Adhere to all EHS rules and requirements and take adequate control measures in preventing injuries to themselves and others as well as to the protection of environment and prevention of pollution under their span of influence/control
Edwards Lifesciences is the global leader in patient-focused medical innovations for structural heart disease, as well as critical care and surgical monitoring. Driven by a passion to help patients, the company collaborates with the world's leading clinicians and researchers to address unmet healthcare needs, working to improve patient outcomes and enhance lives. Headquartered in Irvine, California, Edwards Lifesciences has extensive operations in North America, Europe, Japan, Latin America and Asia and currently employs over 15,000 individuals worldwide.
For us, helping patients is not a slogan - it's our life's work. From developing devices that replace or repair a diseased heart valve to creating new technologies that monitor vital signs in the critical care setting, we focus on helping patients regain and improve the quality of their life.