Edwards Lifesciences Sr Mgr, Sales Operations & Customer Service - LATAM in Sao Paulo, Brazil
The Sales Operations team is responsible for processes and systems that enable decisions on sales strategy and organization. The team designs and implement programs to drive sales excellence, improve sales efficiency and execution.
• Direct the daily operations of the Customer Service team (e.g. acquisition of orders; processing of requests; shipping; invoices and documentations; delivery and follow ups; after sales services; checking the availability of products). Plan, prioritize and delegate daily tasks to ensure operational efficiencies.
• Provides programs to improve operational efficiency & consistency. Drives policies and procedures that monitor and support the organization’s operational and financial business objectives, in compliance with local regulations and medical device practices prescribed by US (Food and Drug Administration) and Latin America regulatory agencies, as well as SOX requirements.
• P&L Management: Plans and monitor expenses
• People Management: Responsible for performance management, talents development, training, compensation, resource planning, organization development.
• Assists in the development of short, medium, and long-term plans to achieve strategic objectives. Regularly interacts across functional areas with senior management or executives to ensure region objectives are meet.
• Monitors industry best practices and industry trends.
• Facilities Management.
Education and Experience:
• Bachelor's Degree or Equivalent in Business Administration, Management or related discipline
• Advanced English and Spanish
• Knowedege in sales, marketing, or sales operations management in LATAM senior positions in advanced technology company
• Excellent organizational, communication and customer service skills
• Strong interpersonal and relational skills to communicate and interact with all levels of internal and external customers
• Strong analytical, critical thinking and logical problem solving skills
• Ability to work effectively and independently with minimal management guidance in a fast paced environment
• Strong ability to lead and motivate others and create a productive team environment
• Strong working knowledge of enterprise information systems
• Strong working knowledge of company products, services and markets.
• Strong working knowledge or experience with FDA regulations for Lifesciences, medical devices or pharmaceutical companies
• Adhere to all EHS rules and requirements and take adequate control measures in preventing injuries to themselves and others as well as to the protection of environment and prevention of pollution under their span of influence/control
Edwards Lifesciences is the global leader in patient-focused medical innovations for structural heart disease, as well as critical care and surgical monitoring. Driven by a passion to help patients, the company collaborates with the world's leading clinicians and researchers to address unmet healthcare needs, working to improve patient outcomes and enhance lives. Headquartered in Irvine, California, Edwards Lifesciences has extensive operations in North America, Europe, Japan, Latin America and Asia and currently employs over 15,000 individuals worldwide.
For us, helping patients is not a slogan - it's our life's work. From developing devices that replace or repair a diseased heart valve to creating new technologies that monitor vital signs in the critical care setting, we focus on helping patients regain and improve the quality of their life.