Edwards Lifesciences Health Economics & Market Access Associate Manager in Sao Paulo, Brazil
Provide the Public Affairs LatAm team with high-quality health economic and outcomes research analyses and associated activities in evidence generation;
Synthesize and adapt other data as required to build the value propositions of Edwards's products;
Engagement of Key Stakeholder from HMOs and Hospitals - to communicate the Value of EW technologies in order to secure timely patient access to them.
• Develop generation projects and activities related to economic value including cost-effectiveness modelling, budget impact model, and economic value from a payer perspective of EW products in LATAM with accountability for successful completion of all project deliverables
• Manage an agenda with Key Public and Private Accounts in Brazil – HMOs, hospitals – to shape the Value environment and elevate the recognition of EW technologies for the health system.
• Support management of projects for multiple products as part of the LATAM Public Affairs Team
• Develop and prepare abstracts, posters, presentations, Value Frameworks and manuscripts as required to support the communication of evidence and train internal teams
• Work in collaboration with the EMEACLA Public Affairs teams to secure that the LATAM region needs and perspectives are timely factor in PA strategies
• Other incidental duties: mandatory trainings, personal development, etc
Education and Experience:
Bachelor's Degree is required, preferably in Math, Engineering, Pharmacist or similar.
Master's Degree or equivalent in Health Economics.
Knowledge in health economics in the Industry is required.
Advanced English is required.
• Strong communication and influencing skills, able to work in a matrix environment and to work with governmental officials.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English required; Ability to speak local language(s) preferred
• Proven successful project management skills
• Proven expertise in both Microsoft Office Suite, including Excel and Power Point systems
• Extensive knowledge of own area within the organization while contributing to the development of new concepts, techniques, and standards as it relates to HEOR
• Extensive understanding of related aspects of economic modelling
• Extensive understanding of budget impact, burden of diseases, value-based health care and outcome-based agreements
• Extensive understanding of healthcare industry
• Strict attention to detail
• Ability to interact professionally with all organizational levels and proactively escalate issues to appropriate levels of management in the organization
• Ability to manage competing priorities in a fast paced environment
• Ability to represent leadership on sections of projects within a specific area interfacing with project managers and cross functional teams
• Ability to consult in project setting within specific sections with team members
• Ability to build good relationships with KOLs and Healthcare related authorities as appropriate
Edwards Lifesciences is the global leader in patient-focused medical innovations for structural heart disease, as well as critical care and surgical monitoring. Driven by a passion to help patients, the company collaborates with the world's leading clinicians and researchers to address unmet healthcare needs, working to improve patient outcomes and enhance lives. Headquartered in Irvine, California, Edwards Lifesciences has extensive operations in North America, Europe, Japan, Latin America and Asia and currently employs over 15,000 individuals worldwide.
For us, helping patients is not a slogan - it's our life's work. From developing devices that replace or repair a diseased heart valve to creating new technologies that monitor vital signs in the critical care setting, we focus on helping patients regain and improve the quality of their life.