Edwards Lifesciences Dir, Finance in Sao Paulo, Brazil
Direct a team of cost accounting professionals and ensure financial information is provided
• Manage team members and overall accountability for cost accounting activities for multiple plants and may recommend and implement changes to methods through several department managers
• Set finance strategy around efforts optimize business processes by assessing business needs and developing, proposing and implementing solution options
• Plan and direct multiple strategic cost accounting project portfolios activities including prioritizing and selecting appropriate projects. Lead in identifying risk, developing complex mitigation strategies, alternative solutions, resolving issues, etc. in collaboration with project managers
• Other incidental duties
Education and Experience:
Bachelor's Degree in or Master's Degree in Accounting or Finance
Knowledge rience and skill levels exceeding the requirements of the Senior Manager Required
• Proven successful project management and leadership skills
• Proven expertise in Microsoft Office Suite, database tools (e.g., QlikView), financial systems, and ERP systems (e.g., JDE, SAP)
• Excellent communication skills and interpersonal relationship skills including negotiating and relationship management skills with ability to drive achievement of objectives
• Expert understanding of financial procedures while looking beyond existing methodologies and own discipline to define and resolve complex problems
• Expert understanding of related aspects of financial processes and/or systems
• Demonstrated ability to direct teams and provide coaching and feedback, including responsibility for all employee actions including hire/fire authority and partnering with HR on all aspects of employee relations
• Ability to develop and integrate metrics into the projects and operations that clearly demonstrate the value of finance to the business
• Serve as core finance partner to senior leaders in Business Units, Functional Groups, Regions and IT
• Strict attention to detail
• Ability to interact professionally with all organizational levels and proactively escalate issues to appropriate levels of management in the organization
• Ability to work and excel within a fast paced, dynamic, and constantly changing work environment
• Ability to interacts with senior management, and others concerning matters of significance to the company
• Ability to conduct business and technical briefings for senior and top management and for external representatives
• Ability to regularly interacts with executives and/or major customers; interactions frequently involve special skills, such as negotiating with customers or management or attempting to influence senior level leaders regarding matters of significance to the organization
• Ability to strongly commit to quality client service and pro-active and responsive to client needs.
• Ability to develop peer, cross functional and cross business relationships to maximize best practice sharing and team effectiveness.
• Ability to provide leadership and direction to large cross-functional teams to successfully implement global enterprise systems and related solutions
• Ability to develop relationships and leverage them to influence change
• Ability to support and solicit input from team members at all levels within the organization
• Adhere to all EHS rules and requirements and take adequate control measures in preventing injuries to themselves and others as well as to the protection of environment and prevention of pollution under their span of influence/control
Edwards Lifesciences is the global leader in patient-focused medical innovations for structural heart disease, as well as critical care and surgical monitoring. Driven by a passion to help patients, the company collaborates with the world's leading clinicians and researchers to address unmet healthcare needs, working to improve patient outcomes and enhance lives. Headquartered in Irvine, California, Edwards Lifesciences has extensive operations in North America, Europe, Japan, Latin America and Asia and currently employs over 15,000 individuals worldwide.
For us, helping patients is not a slogan - it's our life's work. From developing devices that replace or repair a diseased heart valve to creating new technologies that monitor vital signs in the critical care setting, we focus on helping patients regain and improve the quality of their life.