Edwards Lifesciences Senior Analyst, Planner/Buyer in Salt Lake City, Utah
The Sr. Analyst, Planner/Buyer will plan the procurement of the material required to support customer demand and new product introduction, and develop and execute the business unit production schedule.
Develop the Manufacturing Production Plan from the Master Production Schedule and or Project Team (R&D/Clinical) requirements with increased complexity and volume and with a higher level of autonomy.
Manage issues preventing execution of the MPS and production plan. Issues include but are not limited to non conforming materials or processes, material or equipment availability, completing unplanned requirements from R&D
Analyze resource availability, develop short and mid range capacity plans with manufacturing teams, and lead teams to ensure plans are met
Generate work orders using the Manufacturing Enterprise system
Manage work order progress, including working with production and other supporting departments to ensure production plans are met
Plan materials requirements and place purchase orders from outside suppliers to support production schedules and new product launches, with increased complexity and volume
Negotiate pricing and delivery
Work with the supplier to ensure materials are made to the proper specs
Analyze current Edwards and VMI (Vendor Managed Inventory) levels to determine if VMI release is warranted, and communicate inventory and future requirements to supplier
Expedite purchase orders as required
Manage acquisition of equipment through Capital Procurement Assets (CPA) process
Establish and maintain gross inventory targets and may review work of associates/team members. Includes developing action plans to minimize inventory exposure and for scrapping or mitigating excess and obsolete parts based on business information.
Ensure compliance with standard cost for assigned commodities
Identify, plan and execute cost reduction initiatives
Other duties assigned by leadership
Education and Experience:
Bachelor's Degree and 5 years of previous related experience required
Experience in purchasing and/or production control required
Experience working in a medical device and/or regulated industry preferred
Experience working on NPI/R&D projects preferred
• Proven expertise in Microsoft Office Suite
• Experience ERP (e.g JDE) preferred
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills including negotiating and relationship management skills with ability to drive achievement of objectives
• APICS (American Production and Inventory Control Society) certification preferred
• Ability to multi-task on various projects concurrently
• Excellent problem-solving and critical thinking skills
• Full knowledge and understanding of Edwards policies, procedures and guidelines relevant to purchasing material and/or production control
• Full knowledge of material requirements planning (MRP) and inventory management programs (e.g, JIT/Kanban, Min/Max)
• Full knowledge of market and economic indicators, practices and procurement procedures
• Strict attention to detail
• Ability to interact professionally with all organizational levels
• Ability to manage competing priorities in a fast paced environment
• Must be able to work in a team environment, including inter-departmental teams, key contact representing the organization on contracts or projects, and vendors/suppliers
• Adhere to all EHS rules and requirements and take adequate control measures in preventing injuries to themselves and others as well as to the protection of environment and prevention of pollution under their span of influence/control
Edwards is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer including protected Veterans and individuals with disabilities.
Edwards Lifesciences is the global leader in patient-focused medical innovations for structural heart disease, as well as critical care and surgical monitoring. Driven by a passion to help patients, the company collaborates with the world's leading clinicians and researchers to address unmet healthcare needs, working to improve patient outcomes and enhance lives. Headquartered in Irvine, California, Edwards Lifesciences has extensive operations in North America, Europe, Japan, Latin America and Asia and currently employs over 13,000 individuals worldwide.
For us, helping patients is not a slogan - it's our life's work. From developing devices that replace or repair a diseased heart valve to creating new technologies that monitor vital signs in the critical care setting, we focus on helping patients regain and improve the quality of their life.