Edwards Lifesciences Quality Engineer II, Metals - 2nd Shift in Salt Lake City, Utah
The Quality Engineer II will support the manufacturing lines in the Metals manufacturing area. They will apply their knowledge of quality engineering principles to resolve quality issues, make process improvements, and ensure regulatory compliance.
• Investigate moderately complex manufacturing product quality and compliance issues (e.g., CAPA, non-conformances, audit observations) for all production processes prior to final product release based on engineering principles; analyze results, make recommendations and develop reports.
• Optimize moderately complex Manufacturing processes using engineering methods (e.g., SIX Sigma and LEAN methods) for design for manufacturing and for continuous process improvement. Identify opportunities for re-design/design of basic equipment, tools, fixtures, etc. to improve manufacturing processes, and reduce risk.
• Perform process and equipment validations
• Develop, update, and maintain technical content of risk management files
• Develop training and documentation materials for production (e.g., work instructions) to enable the seamless knowledge transfer of project and manufacturing processes
• Assign support tasks; gives instruction to technicians on conducting tests; trains technicians and provides feedback; and may coordinate technician work.
• Other incidental duties assigned by Leadership
• Bachelor's Degree in Engineering or Scientific field, 2 years related work experience Required or
• Master's Degree in Engineering or Scientific field, 1 year related work experience Required
• Good documentation, communication and interpersonal relationship skills including negotiating and relationship management skills
• Solid understanding of statistical techniques
• Previous experience working with lab/industrial equipment required
• Solid understanding and knowledge of principles, theories, and concepts relevant to Engineering
• Solid problem-solving, organizational, analytical and critical thinking skills
• Solid understanding of processes and equipment used in assigned work
• Knowledge of and adherence to Quality systems
• Strict attention to detail
• Ability to interact professionally with all organizational levels
• Ability to manage competing priorities in a fast paced environment
• Must be able to work in a team environment, including the ability to manage vendors and project stakeholders
• Ability to build productive internal/external working relationships
• Adhere to all EHS rules and requirements and take adequate control measures in preventing injuries to themselves and others as well as to the protection of environment and prevention of pollution under their span of influence/control
Edwards is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer including protected Veterans and individuals with disabilities.
Edwards Lifesciences is the global leader in patient-focused medical innovations for structural heart disease, as well as critical care and surgical monitoring. Driven by a passion to help patients, the company collaborates with the world's leading clinicians and researchers to address unmet healthcare needs, working to improve patient outcomes and enhance lives. Headquartered in Irvine, California, Edwards Lifesciences has extensive operations in North America, Europe, Japan, Latin America and Asia and currently employs over 15,000 individuals worldwide.
For us, helping patients is not a slogan - it's our life's work. From developing devices that replace or repair a diseased heart valve to creating new technologies that monitor vital signs in the critical care setting, we focus on helping patients regain and improve the quality of their life.