Edwards Lifesciences Occupational Health Nurse in Salt Lake City, Utah
Edwards Lifesciences is the global leader in patient-focused medical innovations for structural heart disease, as well as critical care and surgical monitoring. For more than 50 years, we have established a remarkable track record around innovation: Work that enables clinicians around the world to enhance and safe lives. Our Draper, UT location has an opening for a Monday – Friday day shift Occupational Health Nurse. This position will make an impact by providing medical expertise in case management of medical claims, health screening programs, work restrictions, and OSHA compliance. The Occupational Health Nurse will work closely with employees throughout the site to promote a safe, secure, and healthy work environment. We are looking for a positive, upbeat, and engaging Nurse who is comfortable working autonomously in a fast-paced manufacturing environment.
• Provide case management of all workers compensation claims; including conducting and documenting factual investigations, analyzing medical records, and providing advice on the need for additional medical information.
• Perform health evaluation, initial diagnosis, and treatment to employees, upon request.
• Manage onsite health and environmental screening programs, including referrals for clinical evaluations; interpret, document and communicate program results based on knowledge of regulatory requirements.
• Advise Human Resources and Legal departments regarding employee work restrictions and potential accommodations of medical conditions.
• Support site health and wellness programs
• Responsible for maintaining the OSHA 300 log, 301, and 300A, based on knowledge of OSHA regulations.
• Oversees the training and tracking of a comprehensive first responder roster and ensure first aid supplies are on-hand and available
• Adhere to all EHS rules and requirements and take adequate control measures in preventing injuries to themselves and others as well as to the protection of environment and prevention of pollution under their span of influence/control
• Revise and review policies and procedures
• Other incidental duties
• Bachelor’s Degree and 3 years of Nursing experience
• Associate’s Degree and 5 years of Nursing experience
• Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite
• Previous Occupational Health Nurse experience
• Certified Occupational Health Nurse (COHN)
Edwards is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer including protected Veterans and individuals with disabilities.
Edwards Lifesciences is the global leader in patient-focused medical innovations for structural heart disease, as well as critical care and surgical monitoring. Driven by a passion to help patients, the company collaborates with the world's leading clinicians and researchers to address unmet healthcare needs, working to improve patient outcomes and enhance lives. Headquartered in Irvine, California, Edwards Lifesciences has extensive operations in North America, Europe, Japan, Latin America and Asia and currently employs over 15,000 individuals worldwide.
For us, helping patients is not a slogan - it's our life's work. From developing devices that replace or repair a diseased heart valve to creating new technologies that monitor vital signs in the critical care setting, we focus on helping patients regain and improve the quality of their life.