Edwards Lifesciences 2nd Shift Associate Inspector in Salt Lake City, Utah
Edwards Lifesciences is currently looking to hire an Associate Inspector to join our 2nd shift team! The Associate Inspector assesses devices in-process and upon completion, reviews accompanying documentation, and conduct audits to ensure all comply with regulatory and company guidelines, and that devices meet operational standards as designed.
** The schedule for this position is Mon-Thurs from 4:00 PM – 2:30 AM but can vary slightly depending on the line you work on and work volume. Overtime varies as well.
** For 2nd shift positions there is a 10% differential added on to your base pay.
• Perform visual, dimensional, and functional inspection of components and/or finished medical device products using a wide variety of tools and equipment such as magnifying lamp, microscope, vision inspection system, etc. to ensure conformance with design specifications; utilize a microscope in the inspection of equipment, in keeping with associated SOP; may also operate automated inspection equipment to verify dimensional requirements
• Perform functional testing of finished medical device products using both automated and manual valve testing equipment to ensure conformance with design specifications
• Conduct operational audits and documentation reviews to ensure compliance with applicable procedures and documentation standards
• Review, follow and perform job functions in compliance with established work instructions and adherence with SOPs, including recording traceable information on device history records and utilize a variety of computer programs to perform and/or document specific job tasks
• Provide constructive team feedback, including escalating work issues and changes in the final devices to supervisor for assessment and correction
• Perform line clearance and verification of inspection
• Perform verification of manufacturing documents with component and device drawings
• On time arrival to work, regular attendance without excessive absenteeism, and working a full 10 hour work period.
• Other incidental duties: General work area housekeeping
• Able to read, comprehend and speak English, and elementary-level understanding of numerical functions required.
• H.S. Diploma or equivalent, preferred
• Good communication skills
• Basic computer skills, preferred
• Strict attention to detail
• Adhere to Edwards Environmental Health and Safety and Quality guidelines as they relate to department clean room medical device manufacturing
• Ability to use applicable tools and equipment, hand-eye coordination, and high manual dexterity
• Full understanding of applicable inspection procedures
• Continuously expands proficiency in inspection techniques
• Must be able to work in a team environment and may work in inter-departmental teams and with minimum supervision by following detailed work instructions
• Ability to effectively provide and accept feedback from colleagues
Edwards is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer including protected Veterans and individuals with disabilities.
Edwards Lifesciences is the global leader in patient-focused medical innovations for structural heart disease, as well as critical care and surgical monitoring. Driven by a passion to help patients, the company collaborates with the world's leading clinicians and researchers to address unmet healthcare needs, working to improve patient outcomes and enhance lives. Headquartered in Irvine, California, Edwards Lifesciences has extensive operations in North America, Europe, Japan, Latin America and Asia and currently employs over 15,000 individuals worldwide.
For us, helping patients is not a slogan - it's our life's work. From developing devices that replace or repair a diseased heart valve to creating new technologies that monitor vital signs in the critical care setting, we focus on helping patients regain and improve the quality of their life.