Edwards Lifesciences 2nd Shift Associate Inspector, Receiving Inspection in Salt Lake City, Utah
• Perform visual, dimensional, and functional inspection of components and devices using a wide variety of tools and equipment such as magnifying lamp, microscope, vision inspection system, calipers, etc. to ensure conformance with design specifications
• Perform verification of receiving documents with component and device drawings to ensure requirements are met
• Review, follow and perform job functions in compliance with established work instructions (i.e., routers) and adherence with SOPs, including recording traceable information on device history records and entering information into JDE.
• Control inventory to ensure appropriate storage conditions and movement, as well as ensuring correct labeling of product status.
• Train colleagues from other sites, including inspection of their work output
• Other incidental duties: General work area housekeeping, attend training for new processes and procedures
Education and Experience:
H.S. Diploma or equivalent Basic level of understanding of inspection procedures Preferred
no previous related experience Required
• Ability to use small hand tools, hand eye coordination, and high manual dexterity Ability to clearly describe and convey nonconformance issues, and enter them into QMS (Quality Management System)
• Ability to effectively provide and accept feedback from colleagues on independent data verification
• Good communication skills
• Able to read, comprehend, speak, and write English
• Basic computer skills, required
• Strict attention to detail
• Adhere to Edwards Environmental Health and Safety and Quality guidelines as they relate to department clean room medical device manufacturing
• Must be able to work with minimum supervision
• Work in a Team environment
• Adhere to all EHS rules and requirements and take adequate control measures in preventing injuries to themselves and others as well as to the protection of environment and prevention of pollution under their span of influence/control
Edwards is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer including protected Veterans and individuals with disabilities.
Edwards Lifesciences is the global leader in patient-focused medical innovations for structural heart disease, as well as critical care and surgical monitoring. Driven by a passion to help patients, the company collaborates with the world's leading clinicians and researchers to address unmet healthcare needs, working to improve patient outcomes and enhance lives. Headquartered in Irvine, California, Edwards Lifesciences has extensive operations in North America, Europe, Japan, Latin America and Asia and currently employs over 15,000 individuals worldwide.
For us, helping patients is not a slogan - it's our life's work. From developing devices that replace or repair a diseased heart valve to creating new technologies that monitor vital signs in the critical care setting, we focus on helping patients regain and improve the quality of their life.