Edwards Lifesciences Associate Manager, Accounting in Prague, Czech Republic
Manage a team and oversee variance analysis, planning, reporting, month-end, and compliance workstreams.
The role covers many aspects of Financial Accounting and reporting. As a Qualified Finance Professional, the role has to utilize previous experience in monthly closing and reporting process and be able to perform complex activities in various accounting areas (Inter-company billing, bad debt provision, prepayments, Fixed Asset, another G/L activities) and also to provide analysis of variance, including providing detailed reports on balance sheet.
The role covers team of 3-5 accounts and need to have experience with daily employee managing & motivating.
The role will lead/participate on ongoing financial projects and other finance activities – IA/SOX testing, External audit, etc.
Education and Experience:
Bachelor's Degree in in Accounting or Financeprevious work related experience Required
• Proven successful project management expertise
• Proven expertise in Microsoft Office Suite, including advanced Excel, database tools (e.g., QlikView), financial systems, and ERP systems (e.g., JDE, SAP)
• Excellent communication skills and interpersonal relationship skills including negotiating and relationship management skills with ability to drive achievement of objectives
• Extensive understanding of financial procedures while defining team operating standards and ensuring essential procedures are followed based on knowledge of own discipline
• Extensive understanding of related aspects of financial processes and/or systems
• Demonstrated ability to manage assigned team and provide coaching and feedback, including responsibility for all employee actions including hire/fire authority and partnering with HR on all aspects of employee relations
• Ability to develop and integrate metrics into the projects and operations that clearly demonstrate the value of finance to the business
• Strict attention to detail
• Ability to interact professionally with all organizational levels and proactively escalate issues to appropriate levels of management in the organization
• Ability to work and excel within a fast paced, dynamic, and constantly changing work environment
• Primarily interacts with internal subordinates and other supervisors
• Typically interacts with external suppliers, vendors and/or customers
• Share information and provides basic problem solving solutions; gains cooperation of others, conducts presentations of technical information concerning specific projects or schedules
• Dedicated to quality client service and pro-active and responsive to client needs.
• Develop peer, cross functional and cross business relationships to maximize best practice sharing and team effectiveness.
Previous audit experience from Big 4 required (minimum completed 2 years)
Edwards Lifesciences is the global leader in patient-focused medical innovations for structural heart disease, as well as critical care and surgical monitoring. Driven by a passion to help patients, the company collaborates with the world's leading clinicians and researchers to address unmet healthcare needs, working to improve patient outcomes and enhance lives. Headquartered in Irvine, California, Edwards Lifesciences has extensive operations in North America, Europe, Japan, Latin America and Asia and currently employs over 13,000 individuals worldwide.
For us, helping patients is not a slogan - it's our life's work. From developing devices that replace or repair a diseased heart valve to creating new technologies that monitor vital signs in the critical care setting, we focus on helping patients regain and improve the quality of their life.