Edwards Lifesciences Analyst, Planner/Buyer - Maternity leave replacement in Prague, Czech Republic
Maternity leave replacement from May until October 2021.
Plan the procurement of the material required to support Customer Demand and New Product introduction, and develop and execute the business unit production schedule.
Develop the Manufacturing Production Plan from the Master Production Schedule and or Project Team (R&D/Clinical) requirements. Development includes the following:
o Manage issues preventing execution of the MPS and production plan. Issues include but are not limited to nonconforming materials or processes, material or equipment availability, completing unplanned requirements from R&D
o Analyze resource availability, develop short and mid-range capacity plans with manufacturing teams, and lead teams to ensure plans are met
o Generate work orders using the Manufacturing Enterprise system (
o Manage work order progress, including working with production and other supporting departments (e.g., quality, microbiology, engineering) to ensure production plans are met
Plan materials requirements and place purchase orders from outside suppliers to support production schedules and new product launches, including:
o Negotiating pricing and delivery
o Working with the supplier to ensure materials are made to the proper specs
o Leading cross functional teams to resolve obstacles to meeting the schedule, including, but not limited to, resolving issues with nonconforming material, unclear specifications or vendor capacity constraints
o Analyzing current EW and VMI (Vendor Managed Inventory) levels to determine if VMI release is warranted, and communicate inventory and future requirements to supplier
o Expediting purchase orders as required. Includes expediting material from the receiving dock though receiving inspection, to production stores
o As a member of the Material Review Board (MRB), responsible for supplier related issues, including making recommendations on Quality reviews of rejected materials and determining final dispositions.
• Manage acquisition of equipment through Capital Procurement Assets (CPA) process
• Establish and maintain gross inventory targets with a limited scope. Includes developing action plans to minimize inventory exposure and for scrapping or mitigating excess and obsolete parts based on business information.
• Ensure compliance with standard cost for assigned commodities
• Identify, plan and execute cost reduction initiatives
• Other duties assigned by Leadership
Education and Experience:
Bachelor's Degree 3 years years experience of previous related experience Required
Experience in purchasing and/or production control Preferred
Experience working in a medical device and/or regulated industry Preferred
• Proven expertise in Microsoft Office Suite
• Experience ERP (e.g., JDE) preferred
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills and interpersonal relationship skills including negotiating and relationship management skills
• Good problem-solving and critical thinking skills
• Full knowledge and understanding of Edwards policies, procedures and guidelines relevant to purchasing material and/or production control
• Solid knowledge of material requirements planning (MRP) and inventory management programs (e.g., JIT/Kanban, Min/Max)
• Solid knowledge of market and economic indicators, practices and procurement procedures
• Strict attention to detail
• Ability to interact professionally with all organizational levels
• Ability to manage competing priorities in a fast-paced environment
• Ability to work in a team environment, including inter-departmental teams, representing the organization on specific projects, and vendors/suppliers
• Ability to build productive internal/external working relationships
Edwards Lifesciences is the global leader in patient-focused medical innovations for structural heart disease, as well as critical care and surgical monitoring. Driven by a passion to help patients, the company collaborates with the world's leading clinicians and researchers to address unmet healthcare needs, working to improve patient outcomes and enhance lives. Headquartered in Irvine, California, Edwards Lifesciences has extensive operations in North America, Europe, Japan, Latin America and Asia and currently employs over 15,000 individuals worldwide.
For us, helping patients is not a slogan - it's our life's work. From developing devices that replace or repair a diseased heart valve to creating new technologies that monitor vital signs in the critical care setting, we focus on helping patients regain and improve the quality of their life.