Edwards Lifesciences Sr. Compliance Analyst, Global Ethics and Compliance in North Ryde, Australia
Champion the company's ethics and compliance program, including its global business practice standards and all interactions with health care providers.
Review and approve transactions and interactions with health care professionals
Develop and update global training plan including conducting adhoc or local compliance trainingRecommend and advise on compliance guidelines and solutions that address business challenges, comply with applicable laws and regulations, and ensure ethical business dealings that enable business success.
Develop training materials, job aids and other resources for internal stakeholders and update such resources on the intranet
Develop and update global risk assessment and monitoring plan to ensure compliance and mitigate risks; monitor compliance with healthcare policies and procedures, development of complex testing templates and metrics for tracking and trending, and providing appropriate guidance to internal stakeholders
Assist in and track progress of potential violations of policies in central case management system, ensuring consistent processing, treatment and disposition
Identify and lead opportunities for compliance process improvements
Assist with conducting third party due diligence
Lead regional compliance committee meetings
May assist in conducting investigations
May participate in local medical device trade association meetings.
Other incidental duties
Education and Experience:
Bachelor's Degree in or postgraduate university degree , 5 years years experience of related work experience in legal, internal audit, finance, and/or health care compliance Required
• Proven expertise in MS Office Suite (e.g., Word, Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint) required; Experience in JDE or SharePoint preferred
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills and interpersonal relationship skills including collaborative and relationship management skills
• Excellent independent problem-solving, critical thinking, and investigative skills
• Substantial knowledge and understanding of Edwards policies, procedures, and guidelines relevant to compliance
• Substantial understanding of legal, regulatory, and industry landscape to help develop best practices
• Substantial knowledge of Industry Code requirements
• Ability to manage confidential information with discretion
• Strict attention to detail
• Ability to interact professionally with all organizational levels
• Ability to manage competing priorities in a fast-paced environment
• Ability to work in a team environment, including inter-departmental teams and key contact representing the department on projects
• Ability to interact with senior internal and external personnel on significant matters often requiring coordination between organizations
• Ability to apply business acumen in advising business partners
• Adhere to all EHS rules and requirements and take adequate control measures in preventing injuries to themselves and others as well as to the protection of environment and prevention of pollution under their span of influence/control
Edwards Lifesciences is the global leader in patient-focused medical innovations for structural heart disease, as well as critical care and surgical monitoring. Driven by a passion to help patients, the company collaborates with the world's leading clinicians and researchers to address unmet healthcare needs, working to improve patient outcomes and enhance lives. Headquartered in Irvine, California, Edwards Lifesciences has extensive operations in North America, Europe, Japan, Latin America and Asia and currently employs over 13,000 individuals worldwide.
For us, helping patients is not a slogan - it's our life's work. From developing devices that replace or repair a diseased heart valve to creating new technologies that monitor vital signs in the critical care setting, we focus on helping patients regain and improve the quality of their life.