Edwards Lifesciences Clinical Field Specialist - Kansas City - Critical Care in Missouri, United States
Develops clinical education materials in connection with clinical investigations. Provides clinical insights on the device, procedure and protocol throughout the life cycle of the clinical investigation.
• Provide education on all aspects of focused products within the CC portfolio including device handling, integration and troubleshooting techniques related to CC equipment, software, tools and products required for clinical use including but not limited to intraoperative case coverage and coordinating one-on-one ad hoc training sessions and in-service structured education programs in the ICU, OR, and other acute care areas (e.g. emergency department)
• Provide physicians and medical staff with clinical instructions to ensure continuity of education and technical support related to all aspects of patient outcome throughout continuum of care
• Advocate with clinicians to uncover other opportunities to expand the use for CC focused products
• Identify and train select hospital staff members to act as designated expert on EW products
• Collaborate with sales reps and managers to implement a strategic plan of action in their respective territory
• Validate software and hardware updates in the field as applicable
• Other incidental duties
Education and Experience:
Associate's Degree or equivalent in in Nursing or related field Preferred
Other: 2 years years experience of previous related medical device and/or clinical experience in an acute care environment Required
• Good computer skills in MS Office Suite
• Good written and verbal communication skills, presentation and interpersonal relationship skills
• Good problem-solving and critical thinking skills
• Good knowledge and understanding of cardiovascular science
• Good understanding of cardiovascular anatomy, pathology and physiology relevant to EW medical products (e.g., CC products; ESR, CORE, and Capital)
• Good understanding of medical device regulatory requirements and documents, device accountability and adverse events reporting
• Ability to manage confidential information with discretion
• Strict attention to detail
• Ability to interact professionally with all organizational levels
• Ability to manage competing priorities in a fast paced environment
• Must be able to work in a team environment, including immediate supervisor and other team members in the section or group
• Ability to build stable working relationships internally
• Adhere to all EHS rules and requirements and take adequate control measures in preventing injuries to themselves and others as well as to the protection of environment and prevention of pollution under their span of influence/control
Edwards is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer including protected Veterans and individuals with disabilities.
Edwards Lifesciences is the global leader in patient-focused medical innovations for structural heart disease, as well as critical care and surgical monitoring. Driven by a passion to help patients, the company collaborates with the world's leading clinicians and researchers to address unmet healthcare needs, working to improve patient outcomes and enhance lives. Headquartered in Irvine, California, Edwards Lifesciences has extensive operations in North America, Europe, Japan, Latin America and Asia and currently employs over 13,000 individuals worldwide.
For us, helping patients is not a slogan - it's our life's work. From developing devices that replace or repair a diseased heart valve to creating new technologies that monitor vital signs in the critical care setting, we focus on helping patients regain and improve the quality of their life.