Edwards Lifesciences Associate Accounting Manager (CPA Canada, Canadian Tax) in Mississauga, Canada
Provide financial expertise and guidance to leaders.
• Draw findings from financial trend reports, synthesize information, create presentations for management and provide recommendations and conclusions from data
• Collaborate with finance stakeholders to develop moderately complex financial dashboards, regional reporting and analysis (e.g., plan metrics, cost of quality, financial tracking on big projects)
• Collaborate with management in identifying process improvements
• Responsible for compliance activities (e.g., SOX, key and internal controls, fixed asset audits, physical inventory)
• Develop project plans and activities with accountability for successful completion within scope of project deliverables
• Provide guidance and/or lead smaller project teams to execute tactical projects and/or initiatives
• Other incidental duties
• Bachelor's Degree in in Accounting, Finance, Business or Economics.
• Minimum of eight years of Accounting/Finance experience (or six years with a Master’s degree)
•Experience with Canadian Tax
• International experience
• HFM, SmartView, and/or JDE
• Proven successful project management skills
• Proven expertise in MS Office Suite, including advanced Excel, database tools (e.g., QlikView), financial systems, and ERP systems (e.g., JDE, SAP)
• Excellent facilitation and presentation skills
• Excellent problem-solving, organizational, analytical and critical thinking skills
• Excellent communication skills and interpersonal relationship skills including negotiating and relationship management skills with ability to drive achievement of objectives
• Extensive knowledge of own area within the organization while contributing to the development of new concepts, techniques, and standards
• Extensive understanding of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) and Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX)
• Extensive understanding of related aspects of financial processes and/or systems
• Strict attention to detail
• Ability to interact professionally with all organizational levels and proactively escalate issues to appropriate levels of management in the organization
• Ability to manage competing priorities in a fast paced environment
• Represents leadership on sections of projects within a specific area interfacing with project managers and finance team
• Consult in project setting within specific sections of financial area
• Provides financial leadership to outsourcing partners on a task level
• Adhere to all EHS rules and requirements and take adequate control measures in preventing injuries to themselves and others as well as to the protection of environment and prevention of pollution under their span of influence/control
Edwards Lifesciences is the global leader in patient-focused medical innovations for structural heart disease, as well as critical care and surgical monitoring. Driven by a passion to help patients, the company collaborates with the world's leading clinicians and researchers to address unmet healthcare needs, working to improve patient outcomes and enhance lives. Headquartered in Irvine, California, Edwards Lifesciences has extensive operations in North America, Europe, Japan, Latin America and Asia and currently employs over 15,000 individuals worldwide.
For us, helping patients is not a slogan - it's our life's work. From developing devices that replace or repair a diseased heart valve to creating new technologies that monitor vital signs in the critical care setting, we focus on helping patients regain and improve the quality of their life.