Edwards Lifesciences JDE Development Sr Developer in Kuala Lumpur BSC, Malaysia
The purpose of the Senior Developer is to contribute to and lead development efforts, ensuring that system implementations are executed in a way that is consistent with industry/company design, architecture, and quality standards as well as best practices.
• Develops and modifies software code and solutions
• Determines operational feasibility by evaluating analysis, problem definition, requirements, solution development, and proposed solutions
• Documents and demonstrates solutions by developing documentation, flowcharts, layouts, diagrams, charts, code comments and clear code
• Prepares and installs solutions by determining and designing system specifications, standards, and programming
• Improves operations by conducting systems analysis; recommending changes in policies and procedures
• Leads project development teams through execution of best practices in software development, mentoring other team members, and ensuring that project deliverables are consistent with architecture policies
• Keeps abreast of technical innovation by studying state-of-the-art development tools, programming techniques, and computing equipment; participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
• Other duties as assigned by Leadership
Education and Experience:
Bachelor's Degree in related field, 5 Years years experience previous experience in IT demonstrating solid performance in a role working with cross-functional teams (within IT and/or within the business) on enterprise-level or complex/novel system implementations. Experience and training in the specific technologies that will be used for development Required
• Solid understanding of computer science fundamentals
• Self-motivated and highly ambitious
• Creative problem solving skills and excellent troubleshooting/debugging skills
• Strong written and verbal communication
• Excellent teamwork and people skills
• Ability to manage multiple tasks and work towards long-term goals
• Flexibility and adaptability
• Relevant industry experience (e.g. medical device, pharmaceuticals, etc.) or in highly regulated environments
• Excellent analytical, detail-oriented, organized and information seeking skills
• Excellent organization and time management skills
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills and interpersonal relationship skills including negotiating and relationship management skills with ability to drive achievement of objectives
• Adhere to all EHS rules and requirements and take adequate control measures in preventing injuries to themselves and others as well as to the protection of environment and prevention of pollution under their span of influence/control
Edwards Lifesciences is the global leader in patient-focused medical innovations for structural heart disease, as well as critical care and surgical monitoring. Driven by a passion to help patients, the company collaborates with the world's leading clinicians and researchers to address unmet healthcare needs, working to improve patient outcomes and enhance lives. Headquartered in Irvine, California, Edwards Lifesciences has extensive operations in North America, Europe, Japan, Latin America and Asia and currently employs over 15,000 individuals worldwide.
For us, helping patients is not a slogan - it's our life's work. From developing devices that replace or repair a diseased heart valve to creating new technologies that monitor vital signs in the critical care setting, we focus on helping patients regain and improve the quality of their life.