Edwards Lifesciences Territory Manager, Southern New Jersey - Transcatheter Heart Valve in Irvine, California
This position offers you the opportunity to be a driving force in the commercialization of a groundbreaking, interventional cardiology device, the Transcatheter Heart Valve (THV). This cutting-edge technology allows clinicians to replace heart valves through a catheter, providing patients who are poor candidates for open-heart surgery with a non-surgical solution. As an integral part of the team, you will attend cases in your territory and assist clinicians in the development of THV procedural skills. You will advise Cardiologists and Surgeons in patient selection, partner on training, attend implants and manage complaints. Your goal will be to help make each site independent on procedures, product preparation and support.
Your challenge is to create and develop the THV market in a given territory. Additionally, you will partner with Field Clinical Specialists and the Regional Director to provide comprehensive guidance on the use of the device, thereby enabling physicians and staff to reach expert proficiency and deliver positive patient outcomes. To be successful in your mission you will need advanced competence in interventional cardiology, strong sales skills, a high degree of technical knowledge, business savvy, combined with leadership and training abilities that promote trust, loyalty and respect. In order to be considered for this role, you will need to have deep experiences in selling innovative products within the cath lab.
• Acquire a thorough working knowledge of the products/therapies and procedure, develop an extensive understanding of all their applications
• Establish customer contact and strengthen relationships to create and protect THV business
• Drive penetration of THV products in the given territory
• Establish a “face” in the market for Edwards THV
• Create new business with new customers
• Coordinate the activities from site selection to independence (identify site’s team, coordinate training and proctoring) working closely with the Education team and according to the Sales &Education strategy
• Present the patient selection to both Cardiologists and Surgeons
• Accountable for achieving sales targets
• Monitor sales activity, plan and prepare forecasts by account, product and therapy for the given territory as well as propose expenses for meetings and/or customer activities including Proctor visits
• Ensure customer records are up to date
• Execute the Edwards marketing and product launch strategy
• Responsible for inventory management (ordering, shipment, swap &scrap)
A bachelor’s degree and a minimum of five (5) years medical device sales experience with three years specifically selling coronary or peripheral stents or other interventional devices is required. Previous experience in a sales or clinical support role, launching a new technology required.
• Expertise in catheter delivered technology and comfortable with hands-on clinician training
• Established network in the interventional cardiology market required
• Expert clinical skills specifically in cardiac surgery or interventional cardiology
• A Sales skill-set that includes: drive and self-motivation, strong interpersonal and communication skills, the ability to plan, organize, close and deliver, and the capacity to work autonomously
• The ability to travel up to 50%
• Flexibility to easily change roles between technical and sales requirements
• A successful track record closing technical medical sales also a plus
• Valid driver’s license with a clean driving record
Edwards is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer including protected Veterans and individuals with disabilities.
Edwards Lifesciences is the global leader in patient-focused medical innovations for structural heart disease, as well as critical care and surgical monitoring. Driven by a passion to help patients, the company collaborates with the world's leading clinicians and researchers to address unmet healthcare needs, working to improve patient outcomes and enhance lives. Headquartered in Irvine, California, Edwards Lifesciences has extensive operations in North America, Europe, Japan, Latin America and Asia and currently employs over 13,000 individuals worldwide.
For us, helping patients is not a slogan - it's our life's work. From developing devices that replace or repair a diseased heart valve to creating new technologies that monitor vital signs in the critical care setting, we focus on helping patients regain and improve the quality of their life.