Edwards Lifesciences Supplier Quality Engineer II, Transcatheter Mitral and Tricuspid Therapies in Irvine, California
Edwards Lifesciences has a new Supplier Quality Engineer II opening within our Transcatheter Mitral and Tricuspid Therapies (TMTT) team. This individual will support TMTT and supplier management initiatives. We are pioneering solutions and looking for a technically strong Engineer to help optimize product development, support internal and external device manufacturing, and manage relationships with key suppliers.
• Investigate moderately complex manufacturing product quality and compliance issues (e.g., CAPA, non-conformances, audit observations) for all production processes prior to final product release based on engineering principles; analyze results, make recommendations and develop reports.
• Develop moderately complex experiments and tests (including writing and executing protocols) to create, validate, and improve products (including evaluation of source materials and suppliers) and manufacturing processes/methods based on engineering principles; analyze results, make recommendations, and develop reports.
• Optimize moderately complex Manufacturing processes using engineering methods (e.g., SIX Sigma and LEAN methods) for design for manufacturing and for continuous process improvement. Identify opportunities for re-design/design of basic equipment, tools, fixtures, etc. to improve manufacturing processes, and reduce risk.
• Develop, update, and maintain technical content of risk management files
• Develop training and documentation materials for production (e.g., work instructions) to enable the seamless knowledge transfer of project and manufacturing processes.
• Assign support tasks; gives instruction to technicians on conducting tests; trains technicians and provides feedback; and may coordinate technician work.
• Other incidental duties assigned by Leadership
• Bachelor's Degree in Engineering or Scientific field and a minimum of 2 years of experience Required
• Master's Degree in Engineering or Scientific field and a minimum of 1 year of industry experience Required
• Previous medical device Quality Engineering experience
• Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering or Biomedical Engineering
• Lean/Six Sigma certified
• Ability to read and interpret drawings
• Good documentation, communication and interpersonal relationship skills including negotiating and relationship management skills
• Basic understanding of statistical techniques
• Solid problem-solving, organizational, analytical and critical thinking skills
• Solid understanding of processes and equipment used in assigned work
• Knowledge of and adherence to Quality systems
Edwards is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer including protected Veterans and individuals with disabilities.
Edwards Lifesciences is the global leader in patient-focused medical innovations for structural heart disease, as well as critical care and surgical monitoring. Driven by a passion to help patients, the company collaborates with the world's leading clinicians and researchers to address unmet healthcare needs, working to improve patient outcomes and enhance lives. Headquartered in Irvine, California, Edwards Lifesciences has extensive operations in North America, Europe, Japan, Latin America and Asia and currently employs over 13,000 individuals worldwide.
For us, helping patients is not a slogan - it's our life's work. From developing devices that replace or repair a diseased heart valve to creating new technologies that monitor vital signs in the critical care setting, we focus on helping patients regain and improve the quality of their life.