Edwards Lifesciences Staff Engineer, R&D - Transcatheter Mitral and Tricuspid Therapies in Irvine, California
This is a unique and fantastic opportunity to join an innovative and challenging project within Transcatheter Mitral and Tricuspid Therapies of Edwards Lifesciences. The Staff Engineer will be a key contributor to lead the development and commercialization activities of a next generation delivery system and the development of future implant/delivery system concepts. They will join a highly motivated team developing innovative solutions to treat heart disease in a fast-paced environment.
• Lead in the improvement, design and optimization of more complex experiments, tests, analyze results, provide complex recommendations, and develop reports, based on engineering principles that translate to innovative products
• Oversee R&D support tasks; give instruction to technicians/engineers on conducting tests; train technicians/engineers and provide feedback; and coordinate technician/engineer work.
• Proactively identify issues, achieve resolution, and resolve problems of significant complexity on designing parts, components and subsystems
• Generate work instructions, test methods, engineering models and drawings/prototypes, etc., to establish/characterize product and/or process specifications
• Create/update complex design control documents including requirement specs, and risk documents with robust knowledge on design control requirements
• Develop project plans to assess technology and drive project results
• Train, coach, and guide lower level employees on more complex procedures
Required Education and Experience:
Bachelor's Degree + 6 or more years of experience ORMaster's Degree + 5 or more years of experience ORPh.D + 2 or more years of experience4+ years of Medical Device experience4+ years of Research & Design experienceExperience with Class III Medical Devices preferredSolidworks or Creo preferred
Edwards is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer including protected Veterans and individuals with disabilities.
Edwards Lifesciences is the global leader in patient-focused medical innovations for structural heart disease, as well as critical care and surgical monitoring. Driven by a passion to help patients, the company collaborates with the world's leading clinicians and researchers to address unmet healthcare needs, working to improve patient outcomes and enhance lives. Headquartered in Irvine, California, Edwards Lifesciences has extensive operations in North America, Europe, Japan, Latin America and Asia and currently employs over 15,000 individuals worldwide.
For us, helping patients is not a slogan - it's our life's work. From developing devices that replace or repair a diseased heart valve to creating new technologies that monitor vital signs in the critical care setting, we focus on helping patients regain and improve the quality of their life.