Edwards Lifesciences Staff Data Scientist - Transcatheter Heart Valve in Irvine, California
Provide expertise in the algorithm generation and data evaluation using Machine Learning and Data Science.
• Use complex modeling to generate algorithms to understand clinical data and patient characteristics
• Generated and update algorithm for optimization of the clinical trial processes and procedures
• Conduct ad hoc analysis and exploratory analysis
• Test and train algorithm based on machine learning models in real time
• Provide input in processing of structured and unstructured data
• Identify opportunities to leverage various sources of data to drive enhanced solutions
• Other incidental duties
Education and Experience:
Bachelor's Degree in in Data Science, Computer Science, Statistics, Biostatistics, Bioinformatics or related scientific field, and 6 years of experience including either industry or industry/education or
Master's Degree or equivalent in in Data Science, Computer Science, Statistics, Biostatistics, Bioinformatics or related scientific field, and 5 years of experience including either industry or industry/education or
Ph.D. or equivalent in Data Science, Computer Science, Statistics, Biostatistics, Bioinformatics or related scientific field, and 2 years of experience including either industry or industry/education
• Extensive knowledge and understanding of principles, theories, and concepts relevant to Artificial Intelligence (AI) and/or Machine Learning model development, and/or Control Systems
• Experience with machine learning techniques (e.g., clustering, decision tree learning, artificial neural networks, etc.)
• Experience using statistical computer languages (e.g, R, Python, SQL, etc.) to manipulate large data sets
• Experience in data visualization tools (i.e. Qlikview, Tableau, etc.)
• Proven expertise in statistical techniques (e.g. distributions, statistical testing, regression, etc.)
• Experience with using web services (e.g., Redshift, S3, Spark, etc.)
• Proven expertise on MS Office Suite (e.g., Microsoft Office Excel, PowerPoint, Word, and Access)
• Working knowledge in related tools and applications (e.g., Oracle, JDE, Concur, Salesforce.com) preferred
• Excellent documentation and communication skills
• Excellent interpersonal relationship skills including negotiating and relationship management skills
• Represents organization in providing solutions to difficult technical issues associated with specific projects
• Adhere to all EHS rules and requirements and take adequate control measures in preventing injuries to themselves and others as well as to the protection of environment and prevention of pollution under their span of influence/control
Edwards is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer including protected Veterans and individuals with disabilities.
Edwards Lifesciences is the global leader in patient-focused medical innovations for structural heart disease, as well as critical care and surgical monitoring. Driven by a passion to help patients, the company collaborates with the world's leading clinicians and researchers to address unmet healthcare needs, working to improve patient outcomes and enhance lives. Headquartered in Irvine, California, Edwards Lifesciences has extensive operations in North America, Europe, Japan, Latin America and Asia and currently employs over 15,000 individuals worldwide.
For us, helping patients is not a slogan - it's our life's work. From developing devices that replace or repair a diseased heart valve to creating new technologies that monitor vital signs in the critical care setting, we focus on helping patients regain and improve the quality of their life.