Edwards Lifesciences Sr Specialist, Technical Products - Critical Care (Remote, USA) in Irvine, California
Provide product-specific information and directions to health care providers and EW Sales Representatives for use in patient care and assure Edwards' products are preferred for use by medical professionals as intended, across all product lines.
• Assess all potential product malfunctions including complex investigation of patient conditions, procedures performed, hospital protocol, product usage; Diagnose and triage all product issues utilizing clinical and EW product knowledge and acting as a point of contact to domestic and international affiliates and medical professionals.
• Advise internal customers (e.g., Sales Reps) and external customers on the differentiation and specification of products, and guide external customers through the setup of complex product interfacing systems
• Document complex intake information of calls, into the appropriate Enterprise Resource System. Follow up with customers when additional information is needed and/or product is pending receipt back for service. Collaborate with other internal departments to resolve customer issues/assist in investigation (EX: R&D, Operations, Service)
• Assess and communicate financial charges for the service activity, including upsell of service contract, where applicable. Follow up with customer for purchase order/credit card information for order processing.
• Generate appropriate transactions (Ex: equipment replacement, loaners, purchase orders, install base updates, etc.) within the Enterprise Resource System (ex: JDE). Provide/coordinate return shipment information
• Train and provide guidance to lower level incumbents
• Develop SOP content for advanced product resolution in collaboration with engineers.
• Other duties assigned by Leadership.
Education and Experience:
Bachelor's Degree in in related field plus minimum of 5 years experience previous medical and technical field experience required
Experience in ICU (Intensive Care Units) and/or CCU (Critical Care Unit) Preferred
Proven knowledge of the medical device industry preferred
• Proven expertise in Microsoft Office Suite including Word, PowerPoint, Access, and Excel
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills including customer negotiating and relationship management skills
• Excellent problem-solving, organizational, analytical and critical thinking skills
• Full knowledge and understanding of Edwards policies, procedures and guidelines relevant to technical products
• Full knowledge of pulmonary artery catheters, disposable pressure transducers (DPTs)
• Good leadership skills and ability to influence change
• Full knowledge and understanding of, how Edwards products are used clinically
• Full knowledge of electronic medical systems
• Ability to converse at a professional level with users of products
• Strict attention to detail
• Ability to interact professionally with all organizational levels
• Ability to manage competing priorities in a fast paced environment
• Ability to work in a team environment, including inter-departmental teams and key contact representing the organization on contracts or projects
• Ability to interact with senior internal and external personnel on significant matters often requiring coordination between organizations
• Adhere to all EHS rules and requirements and take adequate control measures in preventing injuries to themselves and others as well as to the protection of environment and prevention of pollution under their span of influence/control
Edwards is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer including protected Veterans and individuals with disabilities.
Edwards Lifesciences is the global leader in patient-focused medical innovations for structural heart disease, as well as critical care and surgical monitoring. Driven by a passion to help patients, the company collaborates with the world's leading clinicians and researchers to address unmet healthcare needs, working to improve patient outcomes and enhance lives. Headquartered in Irvine, California, Edwards Lifesciences has extensive operations in North America, Europe, Japan, Latin America and Asia and currently employs over 15,000 individuals worldwide.
For us, helping patients is not a slogan - it's our life's work. From developing devices that replace or repair a diseased heart valve to creating new technologies that monitor vital signs in the critical care setting, we focus on helping patients regain and improve the quality of their life.