Edwards Lifesciences Sr Specialist Imaging/Clinical Development in Irvine, California
This is an exciting opportunity to join a fast-paced team as a Sr. Specialist dedicated to imaging development for transcatheter mitral and tricuspid therapies. As a Sr. Specialist, you will be partnering with major imaging vendors to assess the use of Edwards TMTT new products and with their existing and upcoming product offerings. Be a subject matter expert to clinical support and product development teams on the state of imaging technology of major vendors. This is an opportunity to be part of a dynamic, challenging, and rewarding environment that offers potential for growth and professional advancement for the right candidate.
• Form relationships with the product development teams of major and start up imaging vendors (echo, fluoroscopy, CT, fusion and other modalities).
• Identify and analyze the imaging technology needs of Edwards TMTT product development teams, connecting them with imaging vendor capabilities
• Coordinate partnership and collaboration between Edwards TMTT clinical development, product development, cross functional teams and imaging vendors
Drive initiatives and projects that will lead to the advancement in imaging technology
• Collaborate and provide recommendations to NPD team and HCPs on the use of current emerging imaging technology with the TMTT portfolio.
• Create training content relevant to the use of current and emerging imaging for HCPs
• Educate and train field support team and/or HCPs on relevant current and emerging imaging
• Other incidental duties
Education and Experience:
Bachelor's Degree in in biological or life sciences, animal science, or other related scientific or technical field, 5 years’ experience of previous in-hospital and/or industry clinical echocardiographic experience required or
Other: in certification in RDCS (Registered Diagnostic Cardiac Sonographer) within ARSMS (American Registry for Diagnostic Medical Sonography) or equivalent certification , 7 years’ experience of previous related experience Required
• Excellent computer skills, including Microsoft Office Suite
Interventional Echo-navigation Imaging experience necessary, particularly with 2D/3D TEE
Proficient on multiple vendor ultrasound systems
Ability to exercise independent judgment and problem-solving
Quick learner; ability to come up to speed quickly• Good imaging analysis software skills (e.g. 3Mensio, TomTec, Vitrea, Circle VI, etc.)
Exceptional organizational skills
Project management skills
• Excellent written, verbal, and presentation communication skills
• Able to effectively guide and instruct other imaging specialists in clinical settings on effective imaging equipment operation
• Requires strong diplomacy, influencing and relationship management skills
• Demonstrated problem-solving and critical thinking skills
• Must be able to work in a team environment, fostering collaboration between inter-departmental teams, HCPs and KOLs
• Substantial knowledge of relevant imaging equipment operation (e.g. 2D or 3D TTE/TEE/ICE, fluoro, CT, MRI, etc.)
• Substantial knowledge and understanding of principles, theories, and concepts relevant to cardiovascular imaging
• Knowledge of and adherence to Edwards Environmental Health and Safety and Quality guidelines
• Knowledge of Good Clinical Practices
• Strict attention to detail
• Work is performed independently on complex projects and/or lines of work and reviewed for accuracy and soundness
• Participates in determining objectives of assignment; plans schedules and arranges own activities in accomplishing objectives
• Acts as a resource for colleagues with less experience
• Contributes to the completion of significant organizational projects and goals; Input on overall objectives and long-range goals of the organization is given serious consideration
• Erroneous decisions or failure to achieve objectives would normally have a serious effect upon the administration of the organization?
• Must be able to work in a team environment, including inter-departmental teams and key contact representing the organization on projects
• Ability to interact with internal and external personnel on significant matters often requiring coordination between organizations
• Develops solutions to a variety of complex problems
• Contributes to and identifies opportunities for process improvements
• Adhere to all EHS rules and requirements and take adequate control measures in preventing injuries to themselves and others as well as to the protection of environment and prevention of pollution under their span of influence/control
Ability to travel 50%
Edwards is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer including protected Veterans and individuals with disabilities.
Edwards Lifesciences is the global leader in patient-focused medical innovations for structural heart disease, as well as critical care and surgical monitoring. Driven by a passion to help patients, the company collaborates with the world's leading clinicians and researchers to address unmet healthcare needs, working to improve patient outcomes and enhance lives. Headquartered in Irvine, California, Edwards Lifesciences has extensive operations in North America, Europe, Japan, Latin America and Asia and currently employs over 13,000 individuals worldwide.
For us, helping patients is not a slogan - it's our life's work. From developing devices that replace or repair a diseased heart valve to creating new technologies that monitor vital signs in the critical care setting, we focus on helping patients regain and improve the quality of their life.