Edwards Lifesciences Sr. Representative, Clinical Payments - TMTT in Irvine, California
Job DescriptionThis is a unique opportunity to join an early-stage product development group, Transcatheter Mitral & Tricuspid Therapies (TMTT), focused on developing solutions for patients suffering from structural heart disease
The Senior Representative of Clinical Payments will assist with TMTT clinical payments in managing clinical invoice processing and payments. Analyze and process payments associated with clinical trials, ensure alignment with contractual and trial requirements and manage the lifecycle of the payment.
• Process complex payments (e.g, invoices, expenses) clinical and/or medical affairs contractual costs using current processing systems (e.g., COUPA, JDE)
• Archive and/or reconcile payments (e.g., quarterly and miscellaneous payments and related documents ) electronically. Send and ensure payment is received by recipients (e.g.,HCP, vendors, clinical sites)
• Load and/or track costs in the designated payment processing system; Track balance spreadsheet and determine 3rd party burn rate for duration of contract term. Notify appropriate management of low contract value on all contracts. Create spreadsheet and input payment rules for each clinical study. Resolve queries from third party and internal stakeholders
• Analyze complex invoices to compare against contract language
• Generate payment reports at regular time intervals; Communicate to stakeholders to clarify invoice discrepancies and provide payments for expense reimbursement/services performed to service providers on a monthly basis
• Work with stakeholders to code, route, and approve costs
• Set up ACH/payee information in current processing systems
• Identify opportunities to streamline processes and increase efficiency regarding contracts and PO
• Provide coaching and training to cross-functional peers
• Other incidental duties
Education and Experience:
Associate's Degree or equivalent, 4 years experience of previous related experience required.
Bachelor's Degree Preferred.
• Proven expertise in MS Office Suite, Adobe, Excel and ability to operate general office machinery
• Experience with current processing systems (e.g., COUPA, JDE) preferred
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills and interpersonal relationship skills
• Ability to manage confidential information with discretion
• Full knowledge and understanding of Edwards policies, procedures, and guidelines relevant to payments (e.g. Payment processes, HCP reporting, Fair Market Value)
• Full knowledge of clinical terminology and healthcare compliance and regulations (e.g. Sunshine Act)
• Full understanding of regulatory requirements (e.g. CFR, GCP)
• Excellent skills in clinical systems (e.g. CTMS, JDE, Veeva)
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Excellent problem-solving and critical thinking skills
• Strict attention to detail
• Ability to work in face paced environment
• Ability to interact professionally with all organizational levels of internal and external partners on significant matters often requiring coordination between departments and organizations
• Contacts are across the organization and at all organizational levels, including external contacts that may be at high levels
• Contacts may include external vendors
• Demonstrated problem-solving and critical thinking skills
• Adhere to all EHS rules and requirements and take adequate control measures in preventing injuries to themselves and others as well as to the protection of environment and prevention of pollution under their span of influence/control
Edwards is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer including protected Veterans and individuals with disabilities.
Edwards Lifesciences is the global leader in patient-focused medical innovations for structural heart disease, as well as critical care and surgical monitoring. Driven by a passion to help patients, the company collaborates with the world's leading clinicians and researchers to address unmet healthcare needs, working to improve patient outcomes and enhance lives. Headquartered in Irvine, California, Edwards Lifesciences has extensive operations in North America, Europe, Japan, Latin America and Asia and currently employs over 13,000 individuals worldwide.
For us, helping patients is not a slogan - it's our life's work. From developing devices that replace or repair a diseased heart valve to creating new technologies that monitor vital signs in the critical care setting, we focus on helping patients regain and improve the quality of their life.