Edwards Lifesciences Sr Mgr., Business Solutions in Irvine, California
Edwards is embarking on a multi-year digital transformation journey. This position will partner with functional leaders and teams in R&D, Global Supply Chain, IT, Quality and Regulatory Affairs in executing critical transformation projects in the NPD/NPI domain. Scope includes business process engineering, technology implementation (e.g. PLM) and organizational change management.
Provide expertise in development of technical solutions to optimize processes and systems.
Oversee the reengineering and optimization of the enterprise-wide solutions across multiple systems and business functions. Act as a Subject Matter Expert (SME) in business processes in the area of responsibility.
Evaluate and validate complex functional business requirements against business needs. Translate the needs of business and articulate the functional design to meet requirements including evaluation of new technologies
Design solution validation strategies and plans to implement enterprise-wide solutions
Serve as a functional and technical expert and lead efforts to reengineer and optimize enterprise-wide solutions.
Provide design and architecture guidance based on industry standards/best practices to project teams to execute larger projects / initiatives or programs
Provide leadership and guidance to business solutions administrators on best practices
Provide platform guidance to team members on solutions
Identify and recommend innovations that significantly enhance efficiency and effectiveness of enterprise-wide solutions. Research and monitor trends and advances in technology and best practices Incidental: Ensure compliance with established patterns and practices on projects incl. technical oversight of development efforts. Add and update content in the design and metadata repository / knowledge base
Twelve years of experience in digital transformation execution (e.g. business process engineering, technology implementation and organization change management) or a Master's degree with ten years of experience in digital transformation execution (e.g. business process engineering, technology implementation and organization change management)
Experience with PLM implementations
Experience with digital transformation in a regulated industry
• Stay current with latest platform features
• Proven successful project management skills
• Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite and related tools and systems
• Excellent documentation and communication skills and interpersonal relationship skills including negotiating and relationship management skills with ability to drive achievement of objectives
• Recognized as an expert in own sub-function(s) and/or area(s) within the organization with broad-based advanced knowledge within the organization
• Expert knowledge in at least discipline (e.g. Analysis, Design, Development, QA/QC, etc.)
• Extensive technical knowledge with expertise in at least one technical language or data management system (e.g. Oracle, SQL Server.)
• Expert knowledge of platform ecosystem and integration points
• Strict attention to detail
• Ability to interact professionally with all organizational levels
• Ability to manage competing priorities in a fast-paced environment
• Ability to represent leadership on projects within multiple areas, interfacing with project managers, cross-functional teams and middle management
• Ability to consult in a project setting within multiple areas, interfacing with low to middle manageme
Edwards is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer including protected Veterans and individuals with disabilities.
Edwards Lifesciences is the global leader in patient-focused medical innovations for structural heart disease, as well as critical care and surgical monitoring. Driven by a passion to help patients, the company collaborates with the world's leading clinicians and researchers to address unmet healthcare needs, working to improve patient outcomes and enhance lives. Headquartered in Irvine, California, Edwards Lifesciences has extensive operations in North America, Europe, Japan, Latin America and Asia and currently employs over 15,000 individuals worldwide.
For us, helping patients is not a slogan - it's our life's work. From developing devices that replace or repair a diseased heart valve to creating new technologies that monitor vital signs in the critical care setting, we focus on helping patients regain and improve the quality of their life.