Edwards Lifesciences Sr. Manager, Strategy, JAPAC Region in Irvine, California
Responsible for leading the implementation of business strategies and initiatives.
Manage the annual Strat Plan process and coordinate across the business units, regional teams, country teams, JAPAC leadership and EW corporate to deliver an on-time, well vetted and succinct Strat Plan each year.
Own the JAPAC Key Operating Driver (KOD) process, including aligning with all stakeholders in a highly matrixed environment. Increase accountability by working with country teams to track and report on KODs on a monthly basis and drive continuous process improvement.
Engage on special strategic projects (short to long term) throughout the year.
Increase accountability and consistency of our quarterly reviews, AOP, Mid Year Meeting and annual Kick-off Meeting through template creation, content building to reinforce our strategic priorities and other value add contributions.
Ad hoc analysis to support JAPAC leadership, as needed partnership and support of the regional marketing teams, as needed support of country teams.
Manage vendors/consultants to drive regional marketing strategies.
Bachelor's Degree in related field with
3 years of related experience in strategy
• Proven track record demonstrating ability to work in a matrixed environment
• Proven successful project management leadership skills
• Excellent problem-solving, organizational, analytical and critical thinking skills including high discretion/judgment in decision making
• Negotiating and relationship management skills with ability to drive achievement of objectives
• Expert understanding and interpretation of complicated market dynamics with the ability to identify and quantify market potential, and build business case with both business and financial analysis skills
• Ability to listen to stakeholders, discover unmet needs, develop strong rapport with audience, and be customer-focused.
Master's degree or equivalent in related field
7 years in a strategy or business consulting role
• Experience working in a regulated industry preferred
Edwards is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer including protected Veterans and individuals with disabilities.
Edwards Lifesciences is the global leader in patient-focused medical innovations for structural heart disease, as well as critical care and surgical monitoring. Driven by a passion to help patients, the company collaborates with the world's leading clinicians and researchers to address unmet healthcare needs, working to improve patient outcomes and enhance lives. Headquartered in Irvine, California, Edwards Lifesciences has extensive operations in North America, Europe, Japan, Latin America and Asia and currently employs over 15,000 individuals worldwide.
For us, helping patients is not a slogan - it's our life's work. From developing devices that replace or repair a diseased heart valve to creating new technologies that monitor vital signs in the critical care setting, we focus on helping patients regain and improve the quality of their life.