Edwards Lifesciences Sr Engineer, Environmental Health & Safety (EHS) in Irvine, California
We are seeking a Sr. Engineer to provide occupational health and safety technical expertise to Edwards' Global Supply Chain network with the primary goal of driving results in compliance, standards, injury prevention and data analysis and reporting throughout Edwards' manufacturing network.
• Identify and ensure the deployment of Edwards Global EHS Standards.
• Analyze and evaluate key metrics including injury and illness rates, energy/waste/water footprint and other leading indicators.
• Advise global manufacturing teams on technical matters to ensure compliance with EHS regulations, permits and reporting obligations.
• Perform internal audits of assigned sites to identify areas of noncompliance or nonconformance with regulations, EHS Standards or ISO 14001 and 45001 Management Systems
• Lead and establish project plans to ensure deliverables are completed to stakeholders' expectations
• Guide global manufacturing plants to achieve ISO 14001 and 45001 Management System certification.
• Other duties as assigned by management
Education and Minimum Requirements:
Bachelor's Degree minimum of 4 years of relevant EHS compliance experience
Master's or advanced degree with a minimum of 3 years relevant EHS compliance experience
- Strong understanding and background in Sustainability, in areas such as product stewardship, greenhouse emissions, and public reporting & disclosures
Additional Talents and General Expectations:
• Proven expertise in usage of MS Office Suite
• Strong documentation, communication and interpersonal relationship skills including negotiating and relationship management skills
• Ability to speak Spanish (or applicable language) preferred
• Substantial understanding and knowledge of principles, theories, and concepts relevant to EHS Engineering
• Substantial understanding and knowledge of EPA, OSHA, DOT, ISO local and federal regulations
• Strong problem-solving, organizational, analytical and critical thinking skills
• Substantial understanding of processes and equipment used in assigned work
• Maintain current knowledge of global health and safety regulatory requirements and standards to facilitate sharing of best/proven safety practices across sites
• Good leadership skills and ability to influence change
• Knowledge of and adherence to Edwards Environmental Health and Safety and Quality
• Strict attention to detail
• Ability to interact professionally with all organizational levels
• Ability to manage competing priorities in a fast paced environment
• Must be able to work in a team environment, including inter-departmental teams and key contact representing the organization on contracts or projects
• Ability to interact with senior internal and external personnel on significant matters often requiring coordination between organizations
• Adhere to all EHS rules and requirements and take adequate control measures in preventing injuries to themselves and others as well as to the protection of environment and prevention of pollution under their span of influence/control
Edwards is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer including protected Veterans and individuals with disabilities.
Edwards Lifesciences is the global leader in patient-focused medical innovations for structural heart disease, as well as critical care and surgical monitoring. Driven by a passion to help patients, the company collaborates with the world's leading clinicians and researchers to address unmet healthcare needs, working to improve patient outcomes and enhance lives. Headquartered in Irvine, California, Edwards Lifesciences has extensive operations in North America, Europe, Japan, Latin America and Asia and currently employs over 15,000 individuals worldwide.
For us, helping patients is not a slogan - it's our life's work. From developing devices that replace or repair a diseased heart valve to creating new technologies that monitor vital signs in the critical care setting, we focus on helping patients regain and improve the quality of their life.