Edwards Lifesciences Senior Product Manager I, Upstream Marketing Critical Care in Irvine, California
As the Senior Product Manager, Upstream Marketing, you will be responsible for driving the development and execution of the marketing strategy for the Critical Care Swan-Ganz business, which focuses on advanced hemodynamic monitoring. This position will involve collaboration with relevant stakeholders to gather and synthesize input from customers and other stakeholders. We are looking for a dynamic, collaborative, and strategic individual who possesses strong marketing and leadership acumen.
This Senior Product Manager will identify all aspects of product development from project inception through first commercial launch, document and help manage the development and introduction of new products and technologies in order to achieve and maintain market leadership
• Partner closely with key thought leaders to anticipate the future market environment, changes in economic climate, the onset of new competitors including substitutes and adjacent players and to predict/drive future needs for current and future customers
• Collaborate with management to create, communicate and execute global market strategies and actionable market plans to advance the business and generate value
• Create marketing and brand plans, tools and collateral by applying knowledge of value proposition, segmentation, targeting, positioning and messaging and gain approval with appropriate stakeholders. Develop creative briefs and manage communication with one existing agency/vendor
• Collect and interpret voice of customer (VOC) in order to define product requirements
• Plan marketing projects and activities with accountability for successful completion within scope of project deliverables including supporting technical team meetings and driving product design requirements using voice of customer inputs
• Provide direction and guidance to smaller project teams to execute tactical marketing projects and/or initiatives
• Identify and evaluate marketing process improvements and/or course correction/course alignment opportunities
• Other Incidental Duties
Bachelor's Degree and 8 years experience work experience working in marketing or healthcare industry required OR
Master's Degree or equivalent 6 years experience working in marketing or healthcare industry required
25% travel required; both domestic and international
• Proven successful project management skills
• Proven expertise in Microsoft Office Suite
• Excellent documentation and communication skills and interpersonal relationship skills including negotiating and relationship management skills with ability to drive achievement of objectives
• Extensive knowledge of own area within the organization while contributing to the development of new concepts, techniques, and standards
• Extensive understanding of internal and external product and market
• Extensive understanding of related aspects of marketing concepts and principles
• Ability to build and coach other’s to create market models with supporting assumptions in order to determine key financial metrics and market opportunity
• Ability to create comprehensive marketing strategies with supporting plans and the ability to execute.
• Possess the ability to measure and track performance/success of programs/initiatives
• Ability to forecast product lines for short-term and long-term accuracy based on market development, sales trends, competition and changing market dynamics.
• Ability to assess and understand market share, pricing, ASPs, competitive dynamics
• Possess strong clinical knowledge, experience and knowledge of the clinical areas where Edwards' products are used or intended to be used, understand the purchasing process and challenges for product adoption in complex healthcare networks
• Strict attention to detail
• Ability to interact professionally with all organizational levels and proactively escalate issues to appropriate levels of management in the organization
• Ability to manage competing priorities in a fast-paced environment
• Ability to represent leadership on sections of projects within a specific area working closely with cross-functional team, marketing peers and leaders and managing needs and messaging to upper management
• Ability to maintain a strong relationship with the regional sales team, clinical specialists, governmental affairs, clinical economics and training to ensure effective and optimal integration of efforts
• Adhere to all EHS rules and requirements and take adequate control measures in preventing injuries to themselves and others as well as to the protection of environment and prevention of pollution under their span of influence/control
Edwards is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer including protected Veterans and individuals with disabilities.
Edwards Lifesciences is the global leader in patient-focused medical innovations for structural heart disease, as well as critical care and surgical monitoring. Driven by a passion to help patients, the company collaborates with the world's leading clinicians and researchers to address unmet healthcare needs, working to improve patient outcomes and enhance lives. Headquartered in Irvine, California, Edwards Lifesciences has extensive operations in North America, Europe, Japan, Latin America and Asia and currently employs over 15,000 individuals worldwide.
For us, helping patients is not a slogan - it's our life's work. From developing devices that replace or repair a diseased heart valve to creating new technologies that monitor vital signs in the critical care setting, we focus on helping patients regain and improve the quality of their life.