Edwards Lifesciences Senior Manager, Strategy in Irvine, California
Responsible for leading the development and implementation of business strategies, program pilots, and strategic plan initiatives for the Healthcare Solutions organization.
• Play an instrumental role in the design and execution of the annual strategic planning process with specialized depth and breadth of expertise within the organization
• Develop and plan the implementation of in-depth reviews, similar to management consulting engagements, of key business issues and new program opportunities.
• Lead the design and delivery of key strategic initiatives identified by the Executive Leadership Team and provide recommendations for decision-making
Participate as a member of the Healthcare Solutions leadership team and support strategic development for all Healthcare Solutions functions
• Develop presentations and tools to facilitate communication of findings and recommendations to internal and external audiences.
Support and help drive field activities with customers in testing new data and software program concepts.
Help develop modifications and iterations of new technologies based on field experience and customer feedback.
Support coordination and information exchange with Corporate strategy team in developing new Healthcare Solutions strategies.
• Collaborate across functions, regions, and BUs to deliver an actionable strategic plan
• Other incidental duties
Bachelor's Degree or Equivalent in in a scientific, technical, quantitative or Finance (FP&A) and 10 years of related work experience required or
Master's Degree or equivalent and 8 years of related work experience required.
5 years direct experience in strategy, management consulting, business development, or marketing and sales required
30% travel is required-domestic and international
• Ability to synthesize complex information into a high-level strategic message, and to interpret internal/external business factors into recommendations and solutions
Ability to interface with Edwards senior leadership, as well as external key stakeholders, in the development of new programs
• Demonstrated experience working with a range of professionals to help navigate through complex situations
• Proven expertise in PowerPoint, Excel, clinical and financial comprehension, strategic frameworks, and live presentations, with high attention to detail and output
• Excellent problem-solving, organizational, analytical and critical thinking skills
• Expert understanding and interpretation of complicated market dynamics with the ability to identify and quantify market potential, and build business case with both business and financial analysis skill
• Ability to develop and integrate metrics into the projects and operations that clearly demonstrate value to the business
• Ability to listen to stakeholders, customers, discover unmet needs, develop strong rapport with audience, and be customer-focused
• Strict attention to detail
• Ability to interact professionally with all organizational levels and proactively escalate issues
• Ability to manage competing priorities in a fast-paced environment
• Adhere to all EHS rules and requirements and take adequate control measures in preventing injuries to themselves and others as well as to the protection of environment and prevention of pollution under their span of influence/control
Edwards is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer including protected Veterans and individuals with disabilities.
Edwards Lifesciences is the global leader in patient-focused medical innovations for structural heart disease, as well as critical care and surgical monitoring. Driven by a passion to help patients, the company collaborates with the world's leading clinicians and researchers to address unmet healthcare needs, working to improve patient outcomes and enhance lives. Headquartered in Irvine, California, Edwards Lifesciences has extensive operations in North America, Europe, Japan, Latin America and Asia and currently employs over 15,000 individuals worldwide.
For us, helping patients is not a slogan - it's our life's work. From developing devices that replace or repair a diseased heart valve to creating new technologies that monitor vital signs in the critical care setting, we focus on helping patients regain and improve the quality of their life.