Edwards Lifesciences Senior Manager, Marketing, US Therapy Development - Transcatheter Heart Valves in Irvine, California
Edwards Lifesciences Transcatheter Heart Valve Team is looking for a Senior Manager Marketing to join their US Therapy Development Team. This Senior Manager Marketing role will have team leadership responsibilities and oversee related marketing planning within therapy development for referring cardiologists.
• Manage and oversee the work of multiple areas, functionalities, scope and/or locations and will have financial budget responsibilities.
• Identify risk, develop and lead in the implementation of broad and complex marketing strategies which may include collaboration with internal and external parties for multiple concurrent major products, campaigns, launches, programs, and initiatives
• Plan and direct complex marketing activities with large scale or significant business impact with the accountability for successful completion of all deliverables. Collaborate with cross functional and/or matrix teams for multiple concurrent major products, campaigns, launches, programs, and initiatives
• Direct line management responsibilities including a robust talent development plan in alignment with functional growth strategies and the desired culture of the department.
A bachelor's degree with a minimum of 12 years or a Master’s degree and 10 years of marketing experience is required.
Demonstrated track record in people management required
• Proven successful project management leadership skills
• Proven expertise in Microsoft Office Suite and related tools and systems• Excellent problem-solving, organizational, analytical and critical thinking skills including high discretion/judgment in decision making• Excellent written and verbal communication skills and interpersonal relationship skills including negotiating and relationship management skills with ability to drive achievement of objectives• Demonstrated performance track record within relevant industry/function• Expert understanding of related aspects of marketing concepts and principles while identifying applications of functional knowledge and existing methodologies to complex problems• Expert understanding of market and competitive dynamics• Expert knowledge of financial mechanism that relates to marketing including forecasting, expense budgeting and management, purchase order compliance and processing, and 3rd party vendor compliance management.• Demonstrated ability to manage one or more teams and provide coaching and feedback, including responsibility for all employee actions including attracting, developing, and retaining talent and partnering with HR on all aspects of talent development• Ability to develop and integrate metrics into the projects and operations that clearly demonstrate the value of marketing to the business• Expert understanding of marketing content approval processes and systems, regulatory guidelines and legal boundaries• Strict attention to detail• Ability to interact professionally with all organizational levels and proactively escalate issues to appropriate levels of management in the organization• Ability to work and excel within a fast paced, dynamic, and constantly changing work environment• Ability to prioritize work within the team based on critical business needs• Ability to articulate the vision of the business unit and function• Demonstrated performance track record within relevant industry/function including talent management responsibilities• Frequently interacts with customers, and internal and external management concerning projects, operational decisions, scheduling requirements, and/or contractual clarifications• Lead briefings and technical meetings for internal and external representatives• Require the ability to change the thinking of, or gain acceptance from others in sensitive situations, without damage to the relationship• Develop peer, cross functional and cross business relationships to maximize best practice sharing and team effectiveness.• Provide leadership and direction to cross-functional teams to successfully implement systems, processes and related solutions• Develop relationships and leverage them to influence change• Support and solicit input from team members at all levels• Adhere to all EHS rules and requirements and take adequate control measures in preventing injuries to themselves and others as well as to the protection of environment and prevention of pollution under their span of influence/control
Edwards is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer including protected Veterans and individuals with disabilities.
Edwards Lifesciences is the global leader in patient-focused medical innovations for structural heart disease, as well as critical care and surgical monitoring. Driven by a passion to help patients, the company collaborates with the world's leading clinicians and researchers to address unmet healthcare needs, working to improve patient outcomes and enhance lives. Headquartered in Irvine, California, Edwards Lifesciences has extensive operations in North America, Europe, Japan, Latin America and Asia and currently employs over 15,000 individuals worldwide.
For us, helping patients is not a slogan - it's our life's work. From developing devices that replace or repair a diseased heart valve to creating new technologies that monitor vital signs in the critical care setting, we focus on helping patients regain and improve the quality of their life.