Edwards Lifesciences Senior Manager, Engineering - Metals COE -Advanced Technology in Irvine, California
This is an exciting opportunity with the Advanced Technologies team currently involved in new cutting edge products and processes. You will manage a diverse team responsible for the creation and development of innovative metal components and process as part of the Metals Center of Excellence. Ideal candidate will thrive in a fast-paced dynamic environment.
• Manage supervisors and/or experienced professionals and/or oversee the work of one or more areas including the pilot prototype group and prototype machine shop.
Develop a robust talent development plan in alignment with functional growth strategies of the department to ensure team continues to drive innovations related to Edwards metals and metals processing capabilities.
•Plan and direct complex project activities with large scale or significant business impact with the accountability for successful completion of all project deliverables to the business and develop project plans and schedule, scope, and quality objectives. Lead in identifying risk, developing mitigation strategies, alternative solutions, resolving issues, etc. in collaboration with cross functional groups
• Lead efforts related to the continuous evaluation of innovative or breakthrough technologies related to the manufacturing or processing of metal components via additive manufacturing, or machining.
May lead cross-functional and/or departmental groups to develop and provide design recommendations that integrate into complex component(s) or product(s)
• Lead efforts to optimize business processes and systems by assessing business needs and developing, proposing and implementing technology solution options.
• Other incidental duties
Education and Experience:
Bachelor's Degree in in related field related experience in engineering required
Demonstrated track record in management of technical and/or engineering disciplines required
Experience working in a regulated industry required
Experience working in new product development preferred
Nitinol experience highly preferred
Experience leading machine shop and prototype production team
Experience with metals processing (Mill, Lathe, EDM Sinker, EDM Wire, Additive Manufacturing, Mirco-Machining, Laser cutting, Electropolishing)
Experience with processing Nitinol
• Proven expertise in both Microsoft Office Suite and related systems
• Excellent problem-solving, organizational, analytical and critical thinking skills including high discretion/judgment in decision making
• Excellent documentation and communication skills and interpersonal relationship skills including negotiating and relationship management skills with ability to drive achievement of objectives
• Expert understanding of engineering procedures while identifying applications of functional knowledge and existing methodologies to complex problems
• Expert understanding of related aspects of engineering processes and/or systems
• Knowledge of financial acumen as it relates to engineering
• Demonstrated ability to manage one or more teams and provide coaching and feedback, including responsibility for all employee actions including hire/fire authority and partnering with HR on all aspects of employee relations
• Ability to influence cross-functional partners, business units, and/or sites and may engage with and influence senior management
• Ability to develop and integrate metrics into the projects and operations that clearly demonstrate the value of engineering to the business
• Strict attention to detail
• Ability to interact professionally with all organizational levels and proactively escalate issues to appropriate levels of management in the organization
• Ability to work and excel within a fast paced, dynamic, and constantly changing work environment
• Frequently interacts with internal and external management and senior-level customer representatives concerning projects, operational decisions, scheduling requirements, and/or contractual clarifications
• Lead briefings and technical meetings for internal and external representatives
• Require the ability to change the thinking of, or gain acceptance from others in sensitive situations, without damage to the relationship
• Dedicated to quality client service and pro-active and responsive to client needs.
• Develop peer, cross functional and cross business relationships to maximize best practice sharing and team effectiveness.
• Develop relationships and leverage them to influence change
• Support and solicit input from team members at all levels
• Adhere to all EHS rules and requirements and take adequate control measures in preventing injuries to themselves and others as well as to the protection of environment and prevention of pollution under their span of influence/control
Edwards is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer including protected Veterans and individuals with disabilities.
Edwards Lifesciences is the global leader in patient-focused medical innovations for structural heart disease, as well as critical care and surgical monitoring. Driven by a passion to help patients, the company collaborates with the world's leading clinicians and researchers to address unmet healthcare needs, working to improve patient outcomes and enhance lives. Headquartered in Irvine, California, Edwards Lifesciences has extensive operations in North America, Europe, Japan, Latin America and Asia and currently employs over 13,000 individuals worldwide.
For us, helping patients is not a slogan - it's our life's work. From developing devices that replace or repair a diseased heart valve to creating new technologies that monitor vital signs in the critical care setting, we focus on helping patients regain and improve the quality of their life.