Edwards Lifesciences Senior Design Assurance Engineer - Transcatheter Mitral & Tricuspid Therapies in Irvine, California
Applies knowledge of quality engineering principles and methods to ensure compliance with regulatory requirements and Edwards' systems/procedures to optimize product development, internal and external device manufacturing, and device distribution.
• Develop complex experiments and tests (including writing and executing protocols) to create, validate, and improve products (including evaluation of source materials and suppliers) and manufacturing processes/methods based on engineering principles; analyze results, make recommendations, and develop reports.
• Develop, update, and maintain technical content of risk management files
• Investigate complex manufacturing product quality and compliance issues (e.g., CAPA, non-conformances, audit observations) for all production processes prior to final product release based on engineering principles; analyze results, make recommendations and develop reports.
• Identify and ensure the optimization of complex Manufacturing and/or R&D processes using engineering methods (e.g., SIX Sigma and LEAN methods) for design for manufacturing and for continuous process improvement. Identify opportunities for re-design/design of basic equipment, tools, fixtures, etc. to improve manufacturing processes, and reduce risk.
• Develop training and documentation materials for production (e.g., work instructions) to enable the seamless knowledge transfer of project and manufacturing processes
• Assign support tasks; gives instruction to technicians on conducting tests; trains technicians and provides feedback; and may coordinate technician work.
• Train, coach, and guide lower level employees on routine procedures
• Other incidental duties assigned by Leadership
Education and Experience:
Bachelor's Degree or equivalent in in Engineering or related field, 4 years years experience related industry experience Required or
Master's Degree or equivalent in in Engineering or related field, 3 years years experience related industry or industry/education experience Required or
Ph.D. or equivalent in in Engineering or related field, 0 years years experience experience Required
• Proven expertise in usage of MS Office Suite; CAD experience preferred
• Strong documentation, communication and interpersonal relationship skills including negotiating and relationship management skills
• Working knowledge and understanding of statistical techniques
• Previous experience working with lab/industrial equipment required
• Substantial understanding and knowledge of principles, theories, and concepts relevant to Engineering
• Strong problem-solving, organizational, analytical and critical thinking skills
• Substantial understanding of processes and equipment used in assigned work
• Good leadership skills and ability to influence change
• Knowledge of and adherence to Quality systems
• Strict attention to detail
• Ability to interact professionally with all organizational levels
• Ability to manage competing priorities in a fast paced environment
• Must be able to work in a team environment, including inter-departmental teams and key contact representing the organization on contracts or projects
• Ability to interact with senior internal and external personnel on significant matters often requiring coordination between organizations
• Adhere to all EHS rules and requirements and take adequate control measures in preventing injuries to themselves and others as well as to the protection of environment and prevention of pollution under their span of influence/control
Edwards is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer including protected Veterans and individuals with disabilities.
Edwards Lifesciences is the global leader in patient-focused medical innovations for structural heart disease, as well as critical care and surgical monitoring. Driven by a passion to help patients, the company collaborates with the world's leading clinicians and researchers to address unmet healthcare needs, working to improve patient outcomes and enhance lives. Headquartered in Irvine, California, Edwards Lifesciences has extensive operations in North America, Europe, Japan, Latin America and Asia and currently employs over 15,000 individuals worldwide.
For us, helping patients is not a slogan - it's our life's work. From developing devices that replace or repair a diseased heart valve to creating new technologies that monitor vital signs in the critical care setting, we focus on helping patients regain and improve the quality of their life.