Edwards Lifesciences Senior Analyst, Clinical Contracts (R&D and Marketing, Coupa) in Irvine, California
This is an exciting opportunity to join the team at Surgical Structural Heart within Contracts. The Senior Analyst will manage and monitor the contracting process for R&D and Marketing purchases, while assisting with the management of clinical and HCP contracts. Position is responsible for ensuring compliance with regulations and company policies and for contract lifecycle management.
• Initiate, draft, redline, and negotiate 3rd party complex contracts based on knowledge of financial, regulatory and clinical requirements
• Collaborate with key stakeholders to provide guidance on contracts terms and conditions. Identify risks and key stakeholders to the company
• Develop, assess and improve processes for tracking and reporting payment and compensation information to meet all applicable regulations and processes
• May track business unit and payment milestones against contract terms. Resolve payment queries and confirm contract compliance
• Analyze need for contract amendments or renewals and make recommendations, and/or negotiate changes, to terms and conditions
• Other incidental duties
•A Bachelor's Degree
•A minimum of five years (or three years with a Masters) of experience in contract negotiation/administration and financial tracking/analysis against contracts
• R&D and Marketing contract experience
•Clinical or Healthcare industry experience
•Coupa or other purchase order system
•JDE or other ERP system
• Proven expertise in Microsoft Office Suite, including PowerPoint, Excel, and Word and ability to operate general office machinery
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills including negotiating and relationship management skills with ability to drive achievement of objectives
• Demonstrated problem-solving and critical thinking skills
• Knowledge of medical terminology and healthcare compliance and privacy regulations (e.g. HIPAA and Sunshine Act)
• Understanding of regulatory requirements (e.g., CFR, GCP) and documents
• Excellent written and verbal communications skills
• Advanced problem-solving skills
• General knowledge of clinical research and operations acumen
• Ability to manage confidential information with discretion
• Strict attention to detail
• Ability to interact professionally with all organizational levels
• Ability to manage competing priorities in a fast paced environment
• Must be able to work in a team environment, including inter-departmental teams and key contact representing the organization on contracts or projects
• Ability to interact with senior internal and external personnel on significant matters often requiring coordination between organizations
• Adhere to all EHS rules and requirements and take adequate control measures in preventing injuries to themselves and others as well as to the protection of environment and prevention of pollution under their span of influence/control
Edwards is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer including protected Veterans and individuals with disabilities.
Edwards Lifesciences is the global leader in patient-focused medical innovations for structural heart disease, as well as critical care and surgical monitoring. Driven by a passion to help patients, the company collaborates with the world's leading clinicians and researchers to address unmet healthcare needs, working to improve patient outcomes and enhance lives. Headquartered in Irvine, California, Edwards Lifesciences has extensive operations in North America, Europe, Japan, Latin America and Asia and currently employs over 15,000 individuals worldwide.
For us, helping patients is not a slogan - it's our life's work. From developing devices that replace or repair a diseased heart valve to creating new technologies that monitor vital signs in the critical care setting, we focus on helping patients regain and improve the quality of their life.